21 June 2011

Quotes from "The Long Game"

Today is quote day again and I have some quotes from the episode "The Long Game" for you. Thank you by the way for your comments on my last post.

The Doctor: The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book, you gotta throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double, and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me?

Adam Mitchell: Maybe I could just go and sit on the observation desk. Would that be alright? Soak it in. Y’know, pretend I’m a citizen of the year two hundred thousand.
Rose: D’you want me to come with you?
Adam Mitchell: No, no. You stick with the Doctor. You’d rather be with him. It’s gonna take a better man than me to get between you two.

Suki: You have been lying to the people.
The Editor: Ooh, I love it. Say it again.

Cathica: You’re not management, are you?
The Doctor: At last she’s clever! 

Cathica: Doctor, I think if there was any kind of conspiracy, Satellite 5 would have seen it. We see everything.
The Doctor: I can see better. This society's the wrong shape. Even the technology.
Cathica: It's cutting-edge!
The Doctor: It's backwards. There's a great big door in your head.

The Editor: (to the Doctor and Rose) This is fascinating. Satellite 5 contains every piece of information within the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. Birth certificates, shopping habits, bank statements. But you two… you don’t exist. There's not a trace. No birth, no job, not the slightest kiss. How can you walk through the world and not leave a single footprint? 

The Editor: Create a climate of fear and it’s easy to keep the borders closed. It’s just a matter of emphasis. The right word in the right broadcast repeated often enough can destabilize an economy, invent an enemy, change a vote.

The Editor: Is a slave a slave if he doesn't know he's enslaved?
The Doctor: Yes.
The Editor: Oh. I was hoping for a philosophical debate. Is that all I'm gonna get. "Yes"?
The Doctor: Yes.
The Editor: You're no fun.

The Editor: The human empire is tiny compared to what you've seen in your T - A - R - D - I - S. TARDIS.
The Doctor: Well, you’ll never get your hands on it. I'll die first!
The Editor: Well, die all you like. I don't need you.

The Doctor: The whole of history could have changed because of you.
Adam Mitchell: I just wanted to help.
The Doctor: You were helping yourself.
Adam Mitchell: And I’m sorry and I’ve said I’m sorry. And I am, I really am. But you can’t just leave me like this!
The Doctor: Yes, I can. 'Cause if you show the head to anyone, they’ll dissect you in seconds. You’ll have to live a very quiet life. Keep out of trouble. Be average. Unseen. Good luck.
Adam Mitchell: But I want to come with you!
The Doctor: I only take the best. I've got Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment