15 June 2011

Quotes from "Dalek"

Today you will get some quotes again and this time they are from the episode "Dalek" from series 1.

The Doctor: (seeing a Cyberman head) The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit... I'm getting old.

Henry Van Statten: We’re hidden away with the most valuable collection of extraterrestrial artifacts in the world and you just stumbled in by mistake?
The Doctor: Pretty much sums me up, yeah.
Henry Van Statten: Question is, how did you get in? Fifty-three floors down, with your little cat-burglar accomplice. Quite a collector yourself. She’s rather pretty.
Rose: She’s gonna smack you if you keep calling her "she."

Adam Mitchell: Mr. Van Statten owns the Internet.
Rose: Don’t be stupid. No-one owns the Internet
Henry Van Statten: And let’s just keep the whole world thinking that way, right, kid?

The Doctor: (to the Dalek) Fantastic! Oh, fantastic! Powerless! Look at you, the Great Space Dustbin. How does it feel?

The Doctor: (referring to the destruction of the Daleks) I watched it happen. I made it happen!

The Dalek: We are the same!
The Doctor: We're not the same! I'm not the...No, wait! Maybe we are!...Yeah, right! Okay. You've got a point! 'Cos I know what to do. I know what should happen. I know what you deserve...(grins) Exterminate!

The Doctor: Do you know what a Dalek is, Van Statten? A Dalek is honest. It does what it was born to do for the survival of its species. That creature in your dungeon is better than you.

The Dalek: They torture me, but still they fear me. Do you fear me?
Rose: No.
The Dalek: I am dying.
Rose: No, we can help.
The Dalek: I welcome death. But I am glad that before I die, I have met a human who was not afraid.

The Dalek: (to the Doctor; referring to Rose) What use are emotions if you will not save the woman you love?

Henry van Statten: I swear I just wanted to hear you talk!
The Dalek: Then hear me talk now. Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! 

The Doctor: That thing killed hundreds of people.
Rose: It's not the one pointing the gun at me.
The Doctor: I've got to do this, I've got to end it. The Daleks destroyed my home, my people. I've got nothing left.

No comments:

Post a Comment