08 June 2011

Quotes from "World War Three"

Some great quotes from the episode "World War Three" from series 1.

The Doctor: I think you'll find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise, and... that’s never gonna work, is it?
Military Police Leader: (shakes his head) No

General Asquith: Under the jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols, I authorize you to execute this man!
The Doctor: Uh well, now, yes, you see, ah, the thing is, if I was you, if I was going to, ah, execute someone by backing them against the wall, between you and me, little word of advice... don't stand them against the lift!

Joseph Green: Excuse me. Your device will do what? Triplicate the flammability?
The Doctor: That’s what I said.
Joseph Green: You’re making it up.
The Doctor: Oh, well, nice try. (offers the decanter to Harriet) Harriet, have a drink. I think you’re gonna need it.
Harriet Jones: You pass it to the left first.
The Doctor: Sorry.

Jackie Tyler: Got anything stronger?
Mickey Smith: No chance. I've seen you when you've had a few. This ain't time for a conga.
Jackie Tyler: We've gotta tell someone.
Mickey Smith: Who do we trust? For all we know, they've all got big bog monsters inside of 'em. I mean this is what he does, Jacks, that Doctor bloke. Everywhere he goes, death and destruction, and he's got Rose in the middle of it.
Jackie Tyler: Has he got a great big green thing inside of him then?
Mickey Smith: I wouldn't put it past him. But like it or not, he's the only person who knows how to fight these things.

Mickey Smith: You’re safe in my flat, Jacks. No-one’s gonna look for you here, especially since you hate me so much.
Jackie Tyler: You saved my life. God, that’s embarrassing.

Rose: Can we just launch a nuclear bomb at them?
Harriet Jones: You’re a very violent young woman.

Harriet Jones: Well, the British Isles can’t gain access to atomic weapons without a special resolution from the UN.
Rose: Like that’s ever stopped ‘em.
Harriet Jones: Exactly, given our past record. And I voted against that, thank you very much. The codes have been taken out of the government’s hands and given to the UN. Is it important?
The Doctor: Everything’s important.
Harriet Jones: If we only knew what the Slitheen wanted. Listen to me, I’m saying "Slitheen" like it’s normal.

Jackie Tyler: Well, I’ve got a question, if you don’t mind. Cos since that man walked into our lives, I have been attacked in the streets. I have had creatures from the pits of Hell in my own living room and my daughter disappear off the face of the earth.
Rose: I told you what happened.
Jackie Tyler: I’m talking to him! Cos I’ve seen this life of yours, Doctor, and maybe you get off on it and maybe you think it’s all clever and smart, but you tell me... just answer me this... is my daughter safe?
Rose: I’m fine.
Jackie Tyler: Is she safe? Will she always be safe? Can you promise me that?

Joseph Green: Victory...should be naked!

The Doctor: Mickey the Idiot, the world is in your hands.

Rose: My mother's cooking.
The Doctor: Good. Put her on a slow heat and let her simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment