06 August 2011

Torchwood: Miracle Day: The Categories of Life

My first thought after I have watched this episode is "Oh my god. Are they really doing this?"
Following are a summary of the episode and my thoughts about it, so don't read further when you haven't watched the episode yet.

Summary:
Gwen flies back to Wales to get her Dad out of the overflow camp and Vera joins Torchwood after the government has decided about the different categories of life and which people have to be sent into the camps.
Rex gets into a camp and gets classified as a category on patient with a little help of Esther to investigate what the modules are. He doesn't know that Vera also got into the camp as an inspector. Gwen tries to get her Dad our of the camp in Wales with the help of Rhys but her father gets another heart attack and she can't get him out. Jack tries to get Oswald onto his side but is not successful.

It was really cool to see all the stuff about the camps and how they work. Gwen is back at home and it was so cute to see her, Rhys and Anwen reunited. I really don't know what I shall think about Oswald and his personal motives for all this stuff he is doing. But I didn't think he would help Jack in any way but at least Jack had to try to do something when the others are all doing stuff that is too dangerous for him. This episode definitely had a twist at the end and we now know exactly what they are doing with the category one patients. I'm still asking myself too what PhiCorp gets out of all this and who is behind everything. I really loved the moment between Jack and Rex when the loaded Rex into the ambulance to get him into the camp. Brilliant. That's really the mixture that makes Torchwood special.
You can watch it online here.
The Categories of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment