29 August 2011

Quotes from "Tooth and Claw"

Today I have quotes from the episode "Tooth and Claw" from the second series for you.

Father Angelo: We will take the house.
Steward: Would you like my wife while you're at it?
Father Angelo: If you won't stand aside, then we'll take it by force.
Steward: By what power? The hand of God?
Father Angelo: No. The fist of man.

Captain Reynolds: You will explain your presence... and the nakedness of this girl.
The Doctor: (in a Scottish accent) Are we in Scotland?
Captain Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
The Doctor: Oh, I'm-I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Ain't that right, ya... tim'rous beastie?
Rose: Uh-uh... och aye, I've been oot and aboot...
The Doctor: (whispering in normal accent) No, don't do that.
Rose: Hoots mon!
The Doctor: (still whispering) No, really don't. Really.

Rose: I want her to say, "We are not amused." I bet you five quid that I can make her say it.
The Doctor: Well, if I gambled on that, it'd be an abuse of my privilege as a traveler in time.
Rose: Ten quid?
The Doctor: Done.

The Doctor: (examining the Torchwood telescope) It's a bit rubbish. How many prisms has it got? Way too many. The magnification's gone right over the top, that's a stupid kind of a... (aside to Rose)am I being rude again?
Rose: Yep.
The Doctor: But it's pretty! It's very ... pretty.

The Host: Look, inside your eyes, you've seen it too!
Rose: Seen what?
The Host: The wolf, there's something of the wolf about you!
Rose: I don't know what you mean.
The Host: You burnt like the sun, but all I require is the moon!

The Doctor: (to the werewolf; excitedly) Oh, aren't you beautiful!

Father Angelo: We have waited so long for one of your journeys to coincide with the moon.
Queen Victoria: Then you have waited in vain. After six attempts on my life... (takes out a pistol) I am hardly unprepared.
Father Angelo: Oh, I don’t think so, woman.
Queen Victoria: The correct form of address is "Your Majesty." (shoots)

The Doctor: (to Rose) The front door's no good, it's been boarded shut. (to Queen Victoria) Pardon me, Your Majesty, you'll have to leg it out of a window.

Rose: What do we do?
The Doctor: We... run!
Rose: Is that it?
The Doctor: You got any silver bullets?
Rose: Not on me, no!
The Doctor: Your Majesty, as a doctor, I recommend a vigorous jog. Good for the health!

Sir Robert: Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?
The Doctor: Well, they were bald, athletic, your wife's away. I just thought you were happy.

The Doctor: (to Queen Victoria) You'd call it a werewolf, but technically it's more of a lupine wavelength haemovariform.

The Doctor: (to Sir Robert) Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?
Rose: Being rude again.
The Doctor: Good, I meant that one.

The Doctor: You want weapons, we're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. This room is the greatest arsenal we can have.

Rose: Is that the Koh-i-noor?
The Doctor: Oh yes. The greatest diamond in the world.
Queen Victoria: Given to me as the spoils of war. Perhaps its legend is now coming true. It is said that whoever owns it must surely die.
The Doctor: Well, that’s true of anything if you wait long enough.

Rose: (seeing the Koh-i-noor diamond) Good job my mum's not here, she'd be fighting the wolf off with her bare hands for that.
The Doctor: And she'd win.

Queen Victoria: (To the Doctor) By the power vested in me by the church and the state, I dub thee Sir Doctor of TARDIS. (To Rose) By the power vested in me by the church and the state, I dub thee Dame Rose of the Powell Estate.

Queen Victoria: I have rewarded you, Sir Doctor, and now you are exiled from this empire never to return. I don’t know who you are, the two of you, or where you’re from but I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun. But your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death, and I will not allow it. You will leave these shores and you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good and how much longer you may survive this terrible life. Now, leave my world and never return!

Queen Victoria: I saw last night that Great Britain has enemies beyond imagination, and we must defend our borders on all sides. I propose an institute to investigate these strange happenings, and to fight them. I will call it "Torchwood." The Torchwood Institute. And if this Doctor should return, then he should beware, because Torchwood will be waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment