08 August 2011

Quotes from "The Parting of the Ways"

It's time for some quotes again today. This time I have some from the last episode of the first series for you.

Dalek 1: You know the Doctor. You understand him. You will predict his actions.
Rose: I don't know! And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you!
Dalek 1: Predict. Predict! PREDICT!
Dalek 2: TARDIS detected, in flight.
Dalek 1: Launch missiles! Exterminate!
Rose: You can't! The TARDIS hasn't got any defenses! You're going to kill him!
Dalek 1: You have predicted correctly.

Jack: The extrapolator's working. we've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk.

Jack: One minute, they’re the greatest threat in the universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space.
The Doctor: They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War.
Jack: I thought that was just a legend.
The Doctor: I was there. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing.

The Doctor: It's all right, come on out. That forcefield can hold back anything.
Jack: Almost anything.
The Doctor: Yes, but I wasn't gonna tell them that, thanks.
Jack: Sorry.

The Doctor: Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You may have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left, and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me? So tell me, how did you survive the Time War?
Emperor Dalek: They survived through me.

Jack: It’s been fun, but I guess this is goodbye.
Rose: Don’t talk like that! The Doctor’s gonna do it. You just watch him.
Jack: Rose. You are worth fighting for. (kisses her) I wish I’d never met you, Doctor. I was much better off as a coward. (kisses him) See you in Hell.

The Doctor: There's another thing the TARDIS could do. It could take us away. We could leave; let history take its course. We go to Marbella in 1989.
Rose: Yeah, but you'd never do that
The Doctor: No, but you could ask. Never even occurred to you, did it?

The Doctor: If I'm very clever--and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant--I might just save the world. Or rip it apart.
Rose: I'd go for the first one.
The Doctor: Me, too.

Rose: I want you safe... my Doctor. Protected from the false god.

Rose: I can see everything. All that is...all that was...all that ever could be.

The (Ninth) Doctor: (his final words) And before I go, Rose...before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And d'you know what? So was I.

The Tenth Doctor: (his first words) Hello. New teeth...that's weird. Now, where was I? Oh, that's right... Barcelona! 

No comments:

Post a Comment