02 July 2011

Quotes from "Father's Day"

Some quotes again today. It's been a while since the last ones.

Rose: It’s so weird. The day my father died. I thought it’d be all sort of grim and stormy but it’s just an ordinary day
The Doctor: The past is another country. 1987's just the Isle of Wight.

The Doctor: I did it again. I picked another stupid ape. I should have known. It's not about showing you the universe. It never is. It's about the universe doing something for you. 

The Doctor: Rose, there's a man alive in the world who wasn't alive before. An ordinary man. That's the most important thing in creation. The whole world's different because he's alive.

Rose: I think he left me.
Pete: What? A pretty girl like you? If I was going out with you…
Rose: Stop. Right there!
Pete: I'm just saying…
Rose: I know what you're saying, and we're not going there. At no point are we going anywhere near there. You're not even aware that there exists. I don't even wanna think about there and believe me, neither do you. There, for you, is like… like, the Bermuda Triangle.

The Doctor: The police can’t help you now. No one can. Nothing in this universe can harm those things. Time’s been damaged and they’ve come to sterilize the wound. By consuming everything inside.

Stuart: Excuse me, Mister...
The Doctor: Doctor.
Stuart: You seem to know what's going on.
The Doctor: I give that impression, yeah.

Sarah: And I know we’re not important...
The Doctor: Who said you’re not important? I’ve travelled to all sorts of places, done things you can’t even imagine. But... you two... street corner, two in the morning. Getting a taxi home. I never had a life like that. Yes, I’ll try to save you.

The Doctor: (to infant Rose) Now, Rose... you're not gonna bring about the end of the world, are you? Are you?

Pete Tyler: Am I a good dad?
Rose: You told me a bedtime story every night when I was small. You were always there. You never missed one. And, um… you took us for picnics in the country every Saturday. You never let us down. You were there for us all the time. Someone I could really rely on.
Pete: That's not me.

Pete Tyler: Now it's my fault all this has happened.
Rose: This is my fault.
Pete Tyler: No, love. I'm your dad. It's my job for it to be my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment