18 July 2011

Quotes from "The Doctor Dances"

Something Doctor Who today. I have quotes from the episode "The Doctor Dances" for you.

The Doctor: (to the Empty Children) Go to your room. Go to your room! I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I'm very, very cross! Go to your room! (the Empty Children back away) I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.

The Doctor: How was your con supposed to work?
Jack: Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. And he's put fifty percent up front… oops, German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for. Never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con.

The Doctor: There's a banana grove there now. I like bananas. Bananas are good.

The Doctor: Funny little human brains. How do you get around in those things?
Rose: When he's stressed, he likes to insult species.

The Doctor: Go--now! Don't drop the banana!
Jack: Why not?
The Doctor: Good source of potassium!

Jack: Okay, this can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and a triple and full sonic disruptor. Doc, what you got?
The Doctor: I've got a sonic, er, never mind.
Jack: What?
The Doctor: It's sonic, okay, let's leave it at that.
Jack: Disruptor? Cannon? What?
The Doctor: It's sonic, totally sonic, I am soniced up!
Jack: A sonic what?
The Doctor: Screwdriver!
Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks "that could be a little more sonic"?
The Doctor: What? You never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

The Doctor: Come on, we're not done yet. Assets, assets!
Jack: Well, I've got a banana and in a pinch you could put up some shelves.
The Doctor: Window?
Jack: Barred. Sheer drop outside, seven stories.
Rose: And no other exits.
Jack: Well, the assets conversation went in a flash, didn't it?

Rose: (about Jack) Okay, so he's vanished into thin air. Why is it always the great-looking ones that do that?
The Doctor: I'm making an effort not to be insulted.
Rose: Sorry. I meant... men.
The Doctor: Okay, that really helped.

The Doctor: You just assume I don't dance.
Rose: What? Are you telling me you do dance?
The Doctor: Nine hundred years old, me. I've been around a bit. I think you can assume at some point I've danced.
Rose: You?
The Doctor: Problems?
Rose: Doesn't the universe implode or something if you dance?
The Doctor: Well, I've got the moves but I wouldn't want to boast.

Rose: Come on. The world doesn't end because the Doctor dances.

The Doctor: (referring to Jack) Relax, he's a 51st century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing.

The Doctor: Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once! Everybody lives!

The Doctor: History says there was an explosion here. Who am I to argue?
Rose: Usually you're the first in line.

Rose: Look at you. Smiling like you're Father Christmas.
The Doctor: Who says I'm not? Red bicycle when you were twelve.
Rose: What?!?
The Doctor: And everybody lives, Rose! Everybody lives! I need more days like this.

Jack: The last time I was sentenced to death, I ordered four hyper-vodkas for my breakfast. All a bit of a blur after that. I woke up in bed with both of my executioners. Lovely couple, they stayed in touch. Can't say that about most executioners.

The Doctor: (to Jack) Close the door, will you? Your ship's about to blow up; there's gonna be a draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment