10 July 2011

Quotes from "The Empty Child"

Today you get some quotes from the episode "The Empty Child" where we first met Captain Jack Harkness. Who would have guessed then that he would get his own TV show.

The Empty Children: (repeated line) Are you my mummy?

Rose: What's the emergency?
The Doctor: It's mauve.
Rose: Mauve?
The Doctor: Universally recognized color for danger.
Rose: What happened to red?
The Doctor: That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings! All those "red alerts," all that dancing. 

The Doctor: D'you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?
Rose: Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk?
The Doctor: All the species in all the universe and it has to come out of a cow.

Rose: Not very Spock, is it? Just asking.
The Doctor: Door, music, people. What do you think?
Rose: I think you should do a scan for alien tech. Gimme some Spock! For once, would it kill you?

The Doctor: Excuse me, excuse me. Could I have everyone's attention, just for a mo? Be very quick. Hello! It might seem like a stupid question, but has anything fallen from the sky recently?

The Doctor: You know, one day, just one day maybe, I'm gonna meet somebody who gets the whole 'don't wander off' thing. Nine hundred years of phone box travel, it's the only thing left to surprise me. 

The Doctor: (as the TARDIS police box phone rings) Ringing? What's that about? Ringing? You're not even a real phone and you're ringing?

(while being captured in a strange beam by Capt. Jack, which keeps her from falling to her death)
Jack: Oh, and can you switch off your cell phone.
Rose: Wha…?
Jack: No, seriously, it interferes with my instruments.
Rose: You know, no one ever believes that.
Jack: Thank you, that’s much better.
Rose: Oh yeah, that’s a real load off, that is! I’m hanging in the sky in the middle of a German air raid with a Union Jack across my chest, but, hey, my mobile phone’s off! 

(As Rose is suspended in a beam above London)
Jack: Ready for you! … Hold tight!
Rose: To what!
Jack: Fair point.

The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific one, mind you. I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.

Captain Jack Harkness: So… when you say 'your companion', how disappointed should I be?
Rose: Okay. We're standing in mid-air on a space-ship during a German air raid. Do you really think now's a good time to be coming on to me?
Captain Jack Harkness: Perhaps not.
Rose: Ah, it was just a suggestion.

Rose: You used to be a Time Agent. Now you're some kind of freelancer.
Captain Jack Harkness: Oh, that's a little harsh. I like to think of myself as a criminal.

Captain Jack Harkness: So, this companion of yours. Does he handle the business?
Rose: Well… I delegate a lot of that, yeah.
Captain Jack Harkness: Well, maybe we should go find him.
Rose: And how you gonna do that?
Captain Jack Harkness: Easy. I'll just scan for alien tech.
Rose: Finally, a professional.

The Doctor: You’re very sick.
Dr Constantine: Dying, I should think. I just haven’t been able to find the time. Are you a doctor?
The Doctor: I have my moments.

Captain Jack Harkness: It's a real pleasure to meet you, Mr Spock.
The Doctor: Mr Spock?
Rose: What was I supposed to say? You don't have a name. Don't you ever get tired of "The Doctor"? Doctor who?
The Doctor: Nine centuries in, I'm coping.

Jack: (to the Doctor) Saw your time travel vehicle. Love the retro look, by the way. Nice panels.

Captain Jack Harkness: (to Rose and the Doctor) Oh, should've known, the way you guys are blending in with the local color. I mean, Flag Girl was bad enough, but u-boat captain?

No comments:

Post a Comment