19 May 2011

The changing actors for the Doctor

I think it's a quite fascinating concept for a TV show to invent a charakter who can come back again and again in a different form because of the regenerations. It's something that can guarantee a long life of a show if it's made well.
I only know the three current actors who played the Doctor because I was too young to watch it when it aired originally but I have to admit I like all three of them. Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith all gave the role of the Doctor a different twist but I think there are also some similarities between the differnt versions of the Doctor.
It's true that David Tennant is the Doctor for most of the people but I think that's also because he played the role for the longest time and we are just so used to him. But also Christopher Eccleston and now Matt Smith play(ed) the role very good and it's just great entertainment.
I really hope the show will continue for a long time but we have nearly reached the end of the regeneration ability of the Doctor. So lets hope he won't change that fast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment