16 May 2011

Quotes from "The Unquiet Dead"

Today I have some great quotes from the episode "The Unquiet Dead" for you.

Rose: Think about it, though. Christmas 1860. It happened once. Just once, and it's… gone, it's finished. It'll never happen again. Except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone, a hundred thousand sunsets ago. No wonder you never stay still.
The Doctor: Not a bad life.
Rose: Better with two.

The Doctor: (to Rose) Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella!

The Doctor: Honestly, Charles, can I call you Charles? I'm such a big fan.
Charles Dickens: What? Big what?
The Doctor: Fan. Number 1 fan, that's me.
Charles Dickens: How exactly are you a “fan”? In what way do you resemble a means of keeping oneself cool?

Gwyneth: I’m sorry, sir. We’re closed.
Charles Dickens: Nonsense. Since when does an undertaker keep office hours? The dead don’t die on schedule.

Rose: How much do you get paid?
Gwyneth: Eight pound a year, miss.
Rose: How much?
Gwyneth: I know! I would've been happy with six.

Gwyneth: (to Rose) You’re from London. I’ve seen London in drawings but never like that. All those people rushing about… half-naked, for shame. And the noise. And the metal boxes racing past. And the birds in the sky... no, no, they’re metal as well. Metal birds with people in them. People are flying. And you... you’ve flown so far, further than anyone. The things you’ve seen. The darkness... the big bad wolf.

Rose: You can't let (the Gelth) run around inside dead people!
The Doctor: Why not? It's just like recycling.
Rose: Seriously though, you can't.
The Doctor: Seriously though, I can.

The Doctor: Mr. Sneed, what's the weakest part of this house? The place where most of the ghosts have been seen?
Gabriel Sneed: That would be.. the morgue.
Rose: No chance you're going to say "gazebo," is there?

The Doctor: What about me? I saw the fall of Troy. World War Five. I pushed boxes at the Boston Tea Party, now I'm going to die in a dungeon. In Cardiff!

Charles Dickens: There are more things on heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Even for you, Doctor.

Charles Dickens: After all these revelations, there's one mystery you haven't explained. Answer me this… who are you?
The Doctor: Just a friend, passing through.
Charles Dickens: But you have such knowledge of future times. I don't wish to impose on you, but I must ask you… my books. Doctor, do they last?
The Doctor: Oh, yes.
Charles Dickens: For how long?
The Doctor: Forever.

2 comments: