21 August 2013

Quotes from "Dead Man Walking"

Owen: You've stopped flirting with me. I mean, it's all right. I wouldn't flirt with me in my condition either, but... Is it still necrophilia if I'm conscious?

Owen: I'm a headless chicken. I just haven't stopped running about.

Martha: You had the power to bring people back to life and you never told UNIT. Why?
Jack: They would've wanted to use it.

(as Owen mass-vomits alcohol) 
Jack: Oh! Oh, that is the single most disgusting thing I have ever seen, and I know disgusting.

Owen: But eventually that will stop too. I'll fart my last fart. God, I'm going to really miss farting. and sex.
Jack: Sex more than farting, I hope.
Owen: You take these things for granted. It's only when they're slipping away you realise how amazing they are. This could be the last time I see these flecks or, you know, feel these bricks underneath my hands.
Jack: "Only in suffering do we recognise beauty".
Owen: Yeah, yeah! Who said that?
Jack: Proust.
Owen: You've read Proust?
Jack: Yeah. Well, no. We dated for a while, he was really immature.
Owen: You know, none of us know whether to take you seriously when you say those things.
Jack: When you've lived as long as I have, you don't make any more up.

Owen: I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't shag. And they are three of my favourite things.
Gwen: Owen!
Owen: I'm not the same, Gwen. I came back different. Hollow. Like I'm missing something. And I do not want to be like this. Okay? I'm ready.

Ianto: I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers.

Owen: Jamie, they got you in for a round of chemo, have they?
Jamie Burton: Had that, it didn't work.
Owen: So why are you here?
Jamie Burton: They're trying to make me have it again. It didn't work though, the cancer just comes back, just makes my hair fall out. I'm gonna die. I might as well do it with eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment