24 July 2013

Quotes from "To the Last Man"

Gwen: Who is he?
Jack: Thomas Reginald Brockless.
Ianto: Tommy.
Jack: Twenty-four years old.
Ianto: Sort of.
Gwen: Well, he's either twenty-four or he's not.
Ianto: Depends how you work it out.
Gwen: All right, when was he born?
Jack: 1894.

Gwen: He's a frozen soldier from 1918.
Jack: Nobody's perfect.

Jack: 1918, this place was full of wounded soldiers. They'd had four years of it. Passchendaele, the Somme, a million British soldiers killed during the Great War. It was like walking into hell. Believe me. I was there. 

Tosh: So what do you want to do now?
Tommy: Well, we could go back to mine, but there's only room for one and it's bloody freezing.

Jack: This time tomorrow, he'll be back in 1918.
Ianto: In his own time. Would you go back to yours? If you could.
Jack: Why? Would you miss me?
Ianto: Yep.
Jack: I left home a long time ago. I don't really know where I really belong. Maybe that doesn't matter any more.
Ianto: I know you get lonely.
Jack: Going home wouldn't fix that. Being here, I've seen things I never dreamt I'd see. Loved people I never would have known if I'd just stayed where I was. And I wouldn't change that for the world.
(they kiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment