31 July 2013

Quotes from "Meat"

Gwen: Have you ever eaten alien meat?
Jack: Yeah.
Gwen: What was it like?
Jack: He seemed to enjoy it.

Ianto: Did you bring the alarm deactivator? (Owen shoots the lock out) Well, that's one way of doing it. 

Gwen: Have you never seen something so mad, so extraordinary that just for one second you think there might be more out there?

Ianto: Well, this is unprecedented. The fiancé finding out.
Tosh: Mainly because we're all sad and single.

Tosh: If we understood how it worked, we could feed the world.
Ianto: We could release a single.

Rhys Williams: Well if you stopped and asked me exactly what I saw in there instead of showing off round the place.
Jack: Do I show off?
Ianto: Just a bit.
Rhys Williams: You'd know that I got out by telling them I wanted a job as a delivery boy. So rather than cock things up, I've found you a way to get in. But if you can't handle that, big boy, then you can stuff it!
Jack: This is quite homoerotic.

Jack: Stun guns only.
Owen: We've handled bigger than this. Why don't we just storm in, guns in the air, and arrest them?
Jack: Those men aren't organised criminals. If we go in, guns blazing, they'll kill the evidence and run.
Owen: Well, I wasn't suggesting blazing, just waving.

Jack: We're going to save it. Stabilise it, wait for the rift to open and send it back.
Ianto: Guess who'll have to look after it in the meantime.
Tosh: Tell me exactly how we are going to use it to arm ourselves against the future?
Owen: We could always hide behind it.
Jack: Why shouldn't we save it? Because it's an alien? It needs our protection.
Rhys Williams: You didn't hear its cry. Heartbreaking.
Ianto: Listen to Ahab.
Owen: Jack, it's growing.
Jack: Well, we'll find a way to stop it mutating. We are doing this. That's an order.
Owen: Fine.
Ianto: I'll stock up on plankton.

Ruth: Here's your tea. And I got you a Danish, your favourite.
Jack: I'm in the wrong job.
Ruth: We do have job vacancies.
Jack: Ah, maybe you could fit me in.
Ruth: I'd be delighted to.
Jack: (suggestively) Would I need a license for... trucking?
Ruth: Yes. Takes four weeks, and then you can go long distance.
Jack: Ha. That wouldn't be a problem.

Rhys Williams: Yeah, she's an amazing girl. I'm a lucky man, Jack.
Jack: Yeah, you said it.
Rhys Williams: I just wish you were a bit uglier. (laughs) You're not gay by any chance, are you?

Jack: Imprisoned, chained, and drugged. Welcome to Planet Earth.

Rhys Williams: Look around us. Nobody else knows what we've been through. Or what else is out there. They sky won't be the same to me any more. I used to look up and think, "Ah, looks like rain, man," but now, oh, now I'll... I'll look and I'll think of all the other worlds and the planets and stuff spinning around out there. And I got to be a part of it all. Fantastic! Which puts worrying about unsigned dockets into perspective, I can tell you.

Jack: You really think you could go back to your old life before Torchwood?
Gwen: I wouldn't know anything different.
Jack: I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment