29 May 2013

Quotes from "They keep killing Suzie"

Swanson: Are you always this dressy, for a murder investigation?
Jack: What, you rather me naked?
Swanson: God help me; the stories are true.

("Torchwood" is written in blood at a murder scene) 
Swanson: Looks like somebody wants your attention.
Jack: They’ve got it.

Owen: Still, at least we've got a head start. If it’s someone we’ve pissed off, that narrows it down to, oh, four or five million.
Jack: And that’s just the humans.

Jack: Ianto, how many people have we given amnesia pills to?
Ianto: Two thousand and eight.
Owen: Hey, what if they all become psychotic?
Tosh: Do you have to sound so happy?

Owen: You know, we never gave it a cool name.
Tosh: I thought we called it the Resurrection Gauntlet.
Owen: Cool name.
Ianto: What about...the Risen Mitten?
(Jack and Owen both look less than impressed) 
Ianto: I think it's catchy.

Ianto: Amazing. She's a natural - 24 seconds.
Owen: Give Ianto a stopwatch and he's happy.
Ianto: It's the button on the top.

Gwen: Have I got this right? When I die, you get to keep all of my possessions? My whole life's gonna get stashed in a locker?
Jack: Rules and regulations.
Gwen: What if I leave all my stuff to Rhys?
Jack: We'll stash him away too.

Suzie: It's my fault, isn't it? It never bloody stops being my fault. Can't you just let me die?
Jack: You don't get off that easy.

Jack: I had a boyfriend who used to walk into rooms like that. The grand entrance. Got kind of boring. Though he was one of twins, so I put up with it. Twin acrobats. Man, I gotta write that book. Maybe even illustrate it. I can talk for a long time, a very long time…

Suzie: That night, my last night on Earth - so I thought - before I shot myself, I shot Jack right through the head. I killed him, stone dead. And then he just stood up and lived. Am I right? Did that happen? Gwen?
Gwen: Yes, it did.
Suzie: So he can survive a bullet through the head?
Gwen: Yes.
Suzie: How?
Gwen: I don't know. He won't explain it properly. He said something happened to him a while back. He said, he said he can't die. Not ever.
Suzie: And he makes judgements about whether I'm allowed to live. It's all very easy for Captain Jack, isn’t it?

Suzie: We're just animals howling in the night, cause it's better than silence.

Jack: Why are you doing this?
Suzie: Because life is all, Jack. You should know! I’d do anything to stay. Anything.

Suzie: Captain, my Captain. Do you want to know a secret? There’s something moving in the dark and it’s coming, Jack Harkness, it’s coming for you.

Ianto: If you're interested, I've still got that stopwatch.
Jack: So?
Ianto: Well. Think about it. Lots of things you can do with a stopwatch.
Jack: Oh yeah! I could think of a few.
Ianto: There's quite a list.
Jack: I'll send the others home early. See you in my office in ten.
Ianto: That's ten minutes and counting.

Ianto: What do you want me to say on the death certificate?
Jack: Good question.
Ianto: She had quite a few deaths in the end.
Jack: I don’t know. "Death by Torchwood".

Ianto: That's the thing about gloves - they come in pairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment