23 May 2012

Quotes from "Turn Left"

What is a universe like without the Doctor? We found out in the episode "Turn Left".

Fortune Teller: I see, a man, the most remarkable man. How did you meet him?
Donna: You're supposed to tell me.
Fortune Teller: I see the future, tell me the past. When did your lives cross?
Donna: It's sort of complicated. I ended up in his spaceship on my wedding day. Long story.

Sylvia: Oh, I know why you want a job with HC Clements, lady. 'Cause you think you'll meet a man with lots of money and your whole life will change. Well, let me tell you, sweetheart, city executives don't need temps except for practice.
Donna: Yeah, well, they haven't met me.

Fortune Teller: Turn right and never meet that man. Turn right and change the world!

Wilfred: Sweetheart, come on. You're not gonna make the world any better by shouting at it.
Donna: I can try.

Rose: Just remember: when you get to the junction, change the car's direction by one minute past ten.
Donna: How do I do that?
Rose: That's up to you.
Donna: Well, I just have to run up to myself and have a good argument.
Rose: I'd like to see that!

Rose: Good luck.
Donna: I'm ready.
Rose: One minute past ten.
Donna: 'Cause I understand now. You said I was gonna die, but you mean this whole world is gonna blink out of existence. But that's not dying, 'cause a better world is gonna take its place – the Doctor's world. And I'm still alive. That's right, isn't it? I don't die. If I change things, then I don't die. That's… that's right, isn't it?
Rose: I'm sorry.
Donna: But I can't die! I've got a future! With the Doctor! You told me!

No comments:

Post a Comment