26 May 2012

Doctor Who (1996 movie)

Summary:
The Seventh Doctor transports the remains of the Master back to Gallifrey but the Master's conciousness is still alive and causes the Tardis to malfunction. It lands on earth in San Francisco 1999 and when the Doctor goes out of the Tardis he gets shot. A young Asian guy accompanies him into the hospital where the bullets are removed from the Doctor's body but they think there is something with his heart as well. When Grace Holloway tries to save him, she kills him instead. The Master has found a body but he wants to occupy the body of the Doctor to have more lifes. Lee enters the Tardis and believes the story the Master tells him and so he helps to find the Doctor. Meanwhile the Doctor is able to regenerate but he was dead too long so he can't remember who he is first. The memory gets back bit by bit and he remembers that he has to defeat the Master to save earth. Grace helps him but can they still save the earth before the new century begins?

I don't know why but I wanted to dive into some of the Doctor Who stuff before 2005 and so I watched the 1996 movie with the Eighth Doctor. The story wasn't bad but it was all a bit predictable. I don't know, there was just something missing and I guess that's the reason why they didn't manage a new series back then. It just wasn't exciting enough. But I really liked the interior of the Tardis and the Cloister Room (Now I finally know Where the guys from the podcast got their name from). It was an interesting take that the Master wanted to steal the life of the Doctor but it just wasn't good enough to capture a broad audience I guess.
Now I'm wondering how the Master got to the end of the universe with enough regeneration energy although he was digested by the Tardis and had no regenerations left. Very strange. I guess everything is possible for a time lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment