09 May 2012

Quotes from "Forest of the Dead"

It is time for quotes from the second part of the first ever River Song story.

Other Dave: Who is he? You haven't even told us. You just expect us to follow him.
Professor River Song: He's the Doctor.
Strackman Lux: And who is 'the Doctor'?
Professor River Song: The only story you'll ever tell. If you survive him.

The Doctor: (about his sonic screwdriver) Something's blocking it.
Professor River Song: Put it on red settings.
The Doctor: It doesn't have red settings.
Professor River Song: Turn on the dampers.
The Doctor: It doesn't have dampers.
Professor River Song: It will some day.

Professor River Song: You know when you see a photograph of someone you know but it's from years before you knew them? It's like they're not quite… finished. They're not done yet. Well… yes, the Doctor's here. He came when I called, just like he always does. But not my Doctor. Now, my Doctor… I've seen whole armies turn and run away and he'd just swagger off back to his TARDIS and open the doors with a snap of his fingers. The Doctor in the TARDIS. Next stop, everywhere.

The Doctor: CAL is a child? A child hooked up to a mainframe? Why didn't you tell me this? I needed to know this!
Strackman Lux: Because she's family. CAL. Charlotte Abigail Lux. My grandfather's youngest daughter. She was dying. So we built her a library and put her living mind inside, and a moon to watch over her, and all of human history to pass the time, any era to live in, any book to read. She loved books more than anything and he gave her them all. He asked only that she be left in peace, a secret, not a freak show.
The Doctor: So you weren't protecting a patent. You were protecting her.

The Doctor: I'm giving you back your forests but you are giving me them. You are letting them go.
Possessed Anita: These are our forests. They are our meat.
The Doctor: Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand.

The Doctor: This is not a joke. Stop this now! This is going to kill you! I'd have a chance, you don't have any!
Professor River Song: You wouldn't have a chance and neither do I! I'm timing it for the end of the countdown. There'll be a blip in the command flow. That way it should increase our chances of a clean download.
The Doctor: River, please, no!
Professor River Song: Funny thing is, this means you've always known how I was going to die. All the time we've been together, you knew I was coming here. The last time I saw you- the real you, the future you, I mean- you turned up on my doorstep with a new haircut and a suit. You took me to Verilian to see the singing towers. What a night that was. The towers sang and you cried. You wouldn't tell me why, but I suppose you knew it was time. My time. Time to come to the Library. You even gave me your screwdriver. That should have been a clue. There's nothing you can do.
The Doctor: You can let me do this!
Professor River Song: If you die here, it'll mean I've never met you!
The Doctor: Time can be rewritten.
Professor River Song: Not those times. Not one line. Don't you dare! It's okay. It's okay. It's not over for you. You'll see me again. You've got all of that to come. You and me, time and space. You watch us run.
The Doctor: River, you know my name. You whispered my name in my ear. There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could…
Professor River Song: Hush now. Spoilers.

Donna: I made up the perfect man. Gorgeous, adores me and hardly able to speak a word. What does that say about me?
The Doctor: Everything. (off Donna's look) Sorry, did I say "everything"? I meant to say "nothing." I was aiming for "nothing," accidentally said "everything."

Professor River Song: (voice-over) When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it will never end. But, however hard you try, you can't run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies, and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever, for one moment, accepts it.

Professor River Song: (voiceover) Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment