25 December 2013

Quotes from "Immortal Sins"

Jack: You should save your money, Angelo Colasanto. Next couple of years, earn as much as you can. Save it all up. Because you're going to need it, bad times ahead.
Angelo Colasanto: Why? What's going to happen?
Jack: Oh. So many things. Don't worry, it gets better. Then it gets worse again.
Angelo Colasanto: You talk funny.
Jack: I'm a very funny man.

Jack: What are you looking for? I mean, in America.
Angelo Colasanto: Speed. Change. New things. People moving so fast they're not looking at me, so I can move faster on my own. Faster than anyone.
Jack: Spoken like a true American.

Angelo Colasanto: Where are you from? American visa, British passport.
Jack: A magical island called Torchwood.
Angelo Colasanto: What does that mean? You keep saying things that don't make sense.
Jack: You'll learn to love it. Makes me more interesting.

Jack: Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. So many times. And that's just today. It's been about, oh, 700 years since my last confession. Where do I start? How about the triplets? Or the naked circus? Or that Sapphic leapfrog jamboree?

Young Priest: The Volstead Act makes an exception for sacramental wine. And the brothers upstate produce more than we can use.
Jack: The extra income feeds a lot of widows and orphans, I'm sure.
Young Priest: Yes. We're doing this entirely for charity. Every last cent.
Angelo Colasanto: It's not very good.
Jack: It's the blood of Christ, Angelo. I'm sure it's good enough.

Gwen: I don't remember. Just east.
Jack: Did they say get on the Ten going east? Or on the eastbound 10 Freeway? Or what? If they said highway, they could be from back east. If their grammar was wrong, it could mean that English is not their first language.
Gwen: I didn't notice anything wrong with it.
Jack: You're Welsh, you wouldn't notice if the vowels were missing.
Gwen: Button it!

Gwen: That's what I'm saying, have you got what I'm saying to you, Jack? What I'm saying is "no more." Because I know exactly what you're thinking, Jack Harkness. I know it. "She won't do this, not really. Not my Gwen. Oh Gwen, she can't hurt me. Gwen loves me, she'd never hand me in." Well this is about my daughter, and I swear, for her sake, I will see you killed like a dog right in front of me if it means her back in my arms. Understood?
Jack: Understood. And let me tell you, now that I'm mortal, I'm going to hang on to this with everything that I've got. I love you, Gwen Cooper, but I will rip your skin from your skull before I let you take this away from me. Understood?

Angelo Colasanto: Besides, I always hoped... if God is love, maybe He loves me, too.
Jack: That's blasphemy.
Angelo Colasanto: That's Christianity.

Jack: It's a species of brain spawn treated as vermin on more than one hundred and fifty planets that I know of. And valued as dinner one other. they taste like oysters.
Angelo Colasanto: You did not.
Jack: I had to be polite.

Jack: I came back, Angelo. I came back for you. Believe me, I have never done that before. I--I even got us that same old room.
Angelo Colasanto: You came back for me?
Jack: Yes. Yes I did. You don't know whether to hit me or to kiss me, do you? Come on, you can try both. 

Gwen: What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Not just on Earth.
Jack: I'm not doing this, I'm not giving final speeches.
Gwen: Understand me, anywhere in the universe.
Jack: I saw a firebird once. A tiny little thing, even smaller than a humming bird. Literally made of fire. It only lives for a minute. It blazes different colors. It sings. It gets so bright you have to close your eyes. And when you open them, it's gone. But the image stays behind your eyelids for longer than it was alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment