20 October 2011

Quotes from "The Satan Pit"

Today you get some quotes from the episode "The Satan Pit", which is the second part of a two-parter.

Ida Scott: We should go down. I’d go. What about you?
The Doctor: Oh, oh… in a second. But then again… That is so human. Where angels fear to tread. Even now, standing on the edge. It’s that feeling you get, yeah? Right at the back of your head. That impulse. That strange little impulse. That mad little voice saying "Go on. Go on. Go on. Go over. Go on." Maybe it’s relying on that… For once in my life, Officer Scott, I’m going to say… retreat.(considers) Now I know I’m getting old.

The Doctor: What, then, you're the truth behind the myth?
The Beast: This one knows me, as I know him. The killer of his own kind.

The Doctor: How did you end up on this rock?
The Beast: The disciples of the light rose up against me and chained me in the pit for all eternity.
The Doctor: When was this?
The Beast: Before time.
The Doctor: What does that mean?
The Beast: Before time.
The Doctor: What does "before time" mean?
The Beast: Before time and light and space and matter. Before the cataclysm. Before this universe was created.
The Doctor: That’s impossible. No life could have existed back then.
The Beast: Is that your religion?
The Doctor: It’s a belief.

The Beast: You know nothing. All of you. So small. The captain, so scared of command. The soldier, haunted by the eyes of his wife. The scientist, still running from Daddy. The little boy who lied. The virgin. (referring to Rose) And the lost girl, so far away from home. The valiant child who will die in battle so very soon...

The Doctor: If you want to listen to voices in the dark, then listen to mine.

Rose: (behind Danny) Not your best angle, Danny.
Danny Bartock: Oi! Stop it!
Toby Zed: (behind Rose) Could be worse.
Rose: Oi!

The Doctor: (to the Beast) I accept that you exist. I don’t have to accept what you are. But your physical existence, I give you that.

(contemplating the Beast's plan to stop him at the cost of Rose's life)
The Doctor: If I kill you, I kill her. Except that implies, in this big grand scheme of gods and devils, that she’s just a victim. But I’ve seen a lot of this universe. I’ve seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods. And out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing, just one thing… I believe in her.

Ida Scott: Hang on though, Doctor. You never really said. You two. Who are you?
The Doctor: Oh…the stuff of legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment