06 October 2011

Quotes from "The Idiot's Lantern"

Alright, now it is time for some quotes again. Today, they are from the episode "The Idiot's Lantern".

Grandma Connolly: I heard it rots your brains... rots them into soup and your brains come pouring out your ears... that's what television does.

Mr. Magpie: I finished it. As you instructed.
The Wire: That’s awfully good of you, Mr. Magpie.
Mr. Magpie: Say you’ll go soon. Leave me.
The Wire: We’ll see. If you’re a very good boy.
Mr. Magpie: Please. You’re burning me. Inside. Behind my eyes. It hurts. Even my memories hurt. I just want things back like they used to be.
The Wire: But this world of yours is busy, busy, busy. Forging ahead into a brand new age. You can never go back. That’s your tragedy. But now… the time is almost ripe, Magpie. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Or lady.

Rose: That's the Union Flag. It's the Union Jack only when it's flown at sea.
Eddie Connolly: Oh. Oh, I'm sorry, miss. I do apologize.
Rose: Well, don't get it wrong again. There's a good man. Now get to it!

Eddie Connolly: I am talking!
The Doctor: And I'm not listening!

Rose: And as for you, Mr.Connolly, only an idiot hangs the Union flag upside down. Shame on you!

Detective Inspector Bishop: Start from the beginning, tell me everything you know.
The Doctor: Well, for starters, I know you can't wrap your hand around your elbows and make your fingers meet.

The Doctor: The thing is, Detective Inspector Bishop...
Detective Inspector Bishop: How do you know my name?
The Doctor: It's written inside your collar.

The Doctor: They did what?
Detective Inspector Bishop: I'm sorry?
The Doctor: They left her where?
Detective Inspector Bishop: Just... in the street.
The Doctor: In the street. They left her in the street. They took her face and just chucked her out and left her in the street. And as a result, that makes things simple. Very, very simple. You know why?
Detective Inspector Bishop: No.
The Doctor: Because now, Detective Inspector Bishop, there is no power on this Earth that can stop me. Come on.

The Doctor: It's never too late, as a wise person once said. Kylie, I think.

(The Doctor and Tommy are running past a policeman)
Policeman: Wait, where do you think you're...
(The Doctor shows him the psychic paper but does not stop running)
Policeman: Oh, very sorry, sir. Shouldn't you be at the coronation?
The Doctor: They're saving me a seat.
Tommy: Who did he think you were?
The Doctor: The King of Belgium, apparently.

The Doctor: (to Tommy) I think I just invented the home video, thirty years early. Betamax.

Rose: (referring to the Wire) That thing, is it trapped for good on video?
The Doctor: That's right. But just to be on the safe side, though, I'll use my unrivaled knowledge of trans-temporal extrapolation methods to neutralise the residual electronic pattern.
Rose: You'll what?
The Doctor: I'm gonna tape over it.
Rose: Just leave it to me. I'm always doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment