05 September 2011

Quotes from "School Reunion"

It is quotes Monday again and today you get some from the episode "School Reunion" which was the return of Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.

The Doctor: So... physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! Physics. Physics. Physics. Physics. Physics. Physics. Physics. I hope one of you is getting all this down.

The Doctor: Correct-amundo! A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again.

Sarah Jane Smith: Hello.
The Doctor: Oh, I should think so.
Sarah Jane Smith: And you are?
The Doctor: Uh, Smith. John Smith.
Sarah Jane Smith: John Smith? I used to have a friend who sometimes went by that name.
The Doctor: Well, it's a very common name.
Sarah Jane Smith: He was a very uncommon man.

Sarah Jane Smith: I thought you died. I waited for you, you didn't come back and I thought you must have died.
The Doctor: I lived. Everyone else died.
Sarah Jane Smith: What do you mean?
The Doctor: Everyone died, Sarah.

The Doctor: And you decided to scream?
Mickey Smith: It took me by surprise!
The Doctor: Like a little girl.
Mickey Smith: It was dark! I was covered in rats!
The Doctor: Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails, frilly skirt.

Sarah Jane Smith: I used to travel with the Doctor.
Rose: Oh! Well, he's never mentioned you.

(Rose and Sarah Jane have just met for the first time)
Mickey: (to the Doctor) Oh, mate. The missus and the ex. Welcome to every man's worst nightmare.

Sarah Jane Smith: You were my life. Do you know what the most difficult thing was? Coping with what happens next. You know, what doesn't happen next. You took me to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, you showed me supernovas, intergalactic battles and then you just dropped me back on Earth. How could anything compare to that?

Rose: I wouldn't touch that, though. That dinner lady got all scorched.
The Doctor: I'm no dinner lady. And I don't often say that.

Mickey Smith: So, what's the deal with the tin dog?
Sarah Jane Smith: The Doctor likes traveling with an entourage. Sometimes they're human, sometimes they're aliens, and sometimes they're tin dogs. What about you? Where do you fit in the picture?
Mickey: Me? I'm their man in Havana, I'm their technical support. I'm... Oh, my God. I'm the tin dog!

Rose: I've been to the year five billion, right, but this... Now, this is really seeing the future. You just leave us behind. Is that what you're going to do to me?
The Doctor: No. Not to you.
Rose: But Sarah Jane... you were that close to her once, and now, you never even mention her. Why not?
The Doctor: I don't age. I regenerate. But humans decay. You wither and you die. Imagine watching that happen to someone you...
Rose: What, Doctor?
The Doctor: You can spend the rest of your life with me... but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on. Alone. That's the curse of the Time Lords.

Sarah Jane Smith: I saw things you wouldn't believe!
Rose: Try me.
Sarah Jane Smith: Mummies.
Rose: I've met ghosts.
Sarah Jane Smith: Robots. Lots of robots.
Rose: Slitheen. In Downing Street.
Sarah Jane Smith: Daleks.
Rose: Met the Emperor.
Sarah Jane Smith: Antimatter monsters!
Rose: Gas mask zombies!
Sarah Jane Smith: Real living dinosaurs!
Rose: Real living werewolf!
Sarah Jane Smith: The... Loch Ness... Monster!
Rose: Seriously?

Mickey Smith: You're working! Okay, no time to explain, we need to get inside the school. Do you have, like, I don't know, a lock-picking device?
K9: We are in a car.
Mickey Smith: Maybe a drill attachment.
K9: We are in a car.
Mickey Smith: Fat lot of good you are.
K9: We are in a car.
Mickey Smith: Wait a second. We're in a car.

Mr Finch: (referring to K9) Forget the shooty dog-thing.

The Doctor: Goodbye, old friend.
K9: Goodbye, master.
The Doctor: You good dog.
K9: Affirmative.

Rose: What do I do? Do I stay with him?
Sarah Jane Smith: Yes. Some things are worth getting your heart broken for.

No comments:

Post a Comment