26 September 2011

Quotes from "The Age of Steel"

Today you get some quotes from "The Age of Steel".

Mickey Smith: The Preachers know what they're doing. Ricky said he's London's most wanted.
Ricky Smith: Yeah, that's not exactly…
Mickey Smith: Not exactly what?
Ricky Smith: I'm London's most wanted… for parking tickets.

John Lumic: My everlasting children. Tell me, how does it feel?
Cybermen: We feel nothing.
John Lumic: But in your mind, what do you think?
Cybermen: We think the same. We are uniform.
John Lumic: But you think of what?
Cybermen: We think of the humans. We think of their difference and their pain. They suffer in the skin. They must be upgraded.

Mickey Smith: You’re just making this up as you go along!
The Doctor: Yep. But I do it brilliantly.

The Doctor: How did you get in to this, then? Rattling along with the Preachers?
Mrs. Moore: I used to be ordinary. Worked at Cybus Industries nine to five. Till one day I find something I'm not supposed to. A file on the mainframe. All I did was read it. Then suddenly I've got men with guns knocking in the middle of the night. A life on the run. Then I found the Preachers. They needed a techie so I just sat down and taught myself everything.

Cyber-Controller: This is the Age of Steel and I am its creator.

Cyber-Controller: You are proud of your emotions?
The Doctor: Oh yes.
Cyber-Controller: Then tell me, Doctor, have you known grief and rage and pain?
The Doctor: Yes. Yes, I have.
Cyber-Controller: And they hurt?
The Doctor: Oh yes.
Cyber-Controller: I can set you free. Would you not want that? A life without pain?
The Doctor: You might as well kill me.
Cyber-Controller: Then I take that option.
The Doctor: It's not yours to take; you're a Cyber-Controller. You don't control me or anything with blood in it's heart!

The Doctor: Good luck. Mickey the idiot.

Rose: You're alive!
(She throws her arms around Jackie)
Rose: Oh Mum, you're alive!
Jackie: Well, I was the last time I looked. What is it, what's happened, sweetheart? What's wrong? Where did you go?
The Doctor: Far away. That was... far away.
Jackie: Where's Mickey?
The Doctor: He's gone home.

Mickey Smith: I know it’s not easy with my face looking exactly like Ricky. But I’m a different man. I’m not replacing him. But we can remember him by fighting in his name. (Jake nods) With all those Cyber factories out there, do you think there’d be one in Paris?
Jake Simmonds: Yeah.
Mickey Smith: Then let’s go liberate Paris.
Jake Simmonds: What, you and me? In a van?
Mickey Smith: Nothing wrong with a van. I once saved the universe with a big yellow truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment