19 September 2011

Quotes from "Rise of the Cybermen"

It is Monday and you get some quotes from the episode "Rise of the Cybermen". Enjoy!

John Lumic: Skin of metal, and a body that will never age or die. I envy it!

The Doctor: Umm... What are you doing that for?
Mickey Smith: ‘Cause you told me to.
The Doctor: When was that?
Mickey Smith: ‘Bout half an hour ago.
The Doctor: Umm... you can let go now.
Mickey Smith: Well how long's it been since I could've stopped?
The Doctor: Ten minutes... twenty... twenty nine...
Mickey Smith: You just forgot me.
The Doctor: No, no, no. I was just... I was... I was calibrating. I was just... nah, no, I know exactly what I’m doing.

(looking at her birthday banner)
Pete Tyler: What's wrong with that?
Jackie Tyler: Forty! It's says forty.
Pete Tyler: You are forty.
Jackie Tyler: I don't want the whole world telling, do I?
Pete Tyler: You're having a party tonight!
Jackie Tyler: My thirty ninth. My official biography says I was born on the same day as Cuba Gooding Jr., and that makes me thirty nine. Thank you very much.

The Doctor: I should get this thing to... (kicks the TARDIS console)
Mickey Smith: Does that help?
The Doctor: Yes.
Mickey Smith: Did that hurt?
The Doctor: Yes.

Pete Tyler: It's just that I promised I'd help the wife out tonight.
John Lumic: If the President of Great Britain can make this meeting, then so can you.
Pete Tyler: I don't know. He's not married to Jackie, is he?

John Lumic: Are you having fun, Mr. Crane?
Mr. Crane: No, no, no. Not at all, sir. It's just... well, it's... irresistible.
John Lumic: Then resist! And start the upgrade.
Mr. Crane: Did we get permission?
John Lumic: I am governed by greater laws, old friend. The right of a man to survive. Now, begin!

Mickey Smith: So, who are you lot?
Ricky Smith: We? We are the Preachers. As in gospel truth. See? No ear-pods. While the rest of the world downloads from Cybus Industries, we… we have got freedom. You're talking to London's most wanted. But target number one is Lumic and we are going to bring him down.
Mickey Smith: From your kitchen?
Ricky Smith: Have you got a problem with that?
Mickey Smith: No. It's a good kitchen.

(about the Cybermen)
Rose: They’re people?
The Doctor: They were. Until they had all their humanity taken away. It’s a living brain jammed into a cybernetic body with a heart of steel. All emotions removed.
Rose: Why no emotion?
The Doctor: Because it hurts.

Cybermen: We have been upgraded.
The Doctor: Into what?
Cybermen: The next level of mankind. We are human-point-two. Every citizen will receive a free upgrade. You will become like us.

The Doctor: We surrender! Hands up! There's no need to damage us. We're good stock. We volunteer for the upgrade program. Take us to be processed.
Cyberman: You are rogue elements.
The Doctor: But we surrender!
Cyberman: You are incompatible.
The Doctor: But this is a surrender!
Cyberman: You will be deleted.
The Doctor: But we're surrendering. Listen to me, we surrender!
Cyberman: You are inferior. Man will be reborn as Cyberman, but you will perish under maximum deletion. Delete! Delete! Delete! DELETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment