30 October 2013

Quotes from "Children of Earth (4)"

Jack: How many children do they want?
Venessa: Twelve. It's like a sacrifice to the ancient gods. Twelve virgins.
Jack: Just 12? Sounds like a good deal. What do they want them for?
Venessa: They say they'll live forever.
Jack: Yeah. Sure. Why do you need me?
Venessa: Well, assuming 12 children can be found, then we need someone to deliver them.
Jack: What, in case the aliens are hostile? You need someone who can't die?
Venessa: Actually, we need someone who doesn't care.

Alice Carter: I can only assume that you're holding me here as insurance against my father. But let me warn you, if you've angered him, then God help you.
Johnson: This from the woman who spent her life running away from him.
Alice Carter: And why do you think I did that? A man who can't die has got nothing to fear. So you watch it and you keep watching.

Jack: There's a saying here on Earth. A very old, very wise friend of mine taught me it. An injury to one is an injury to all. And when people act according to that philosophy, the human race is the finest species in the universe.
Ianto: Never mind the philosophy. What he's saying is you're not getting one solitary, single child. The deal is off.
Jack: Uh, I like the philosophy.
Ianto: I gathered.

Jack: It's all my fault.
Ianto: No, it's not.
Jack: Don't speak. Save your breath.
Ianto: I love you.. I...
Jack: Don't. Ianto. Ianto. Ianto, stay with me. Ianto, stay with me, please. Please.
Ianto: Hey... It was good, yeah?
Jack: Yeah.
Ianto: Don't forget me.
Jack: Never could.
Ianto: A thousand years' time, you won't remember me.
Jack: Yes, I will. I promise. I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment