11 September 2013

Quotes from "From Out of the Rain"

Ianto: You were up there on the screen. Large as life.
Jack: What was I doing?
Ianto: You were on some sort of stage, outside a big tent. You seemed to be part of a travelling show.
Jack: I heard it. Heard its music. Just a snatch of it.
Ianto: That film was beautiful. All those acts performing for us. Part of history, trapped on film forever.
Jack: Their days were numbered. Cinema may have saved their images, but it finished off the travelling shows. Killed them. 

Pearl: Make her cry.
Restaurant Owner: You what?
Pearl: I want to drink her tears.

Gwen: You did stand-up.
Jack: I never did stand-up.
Gwen: Okay, then. A song and dance.
Jack: I was sensational!
Tosh: I don't believe this, Jack. What were you doing there?
Owen: He was part of this freak show.
Jack: Yeah, some things never change.
Owen: Are you being rude about me?

(describing the Night Travellers) 
Jack: I didn't work with them, I never knew anyone who did. They only performed in the dead of night. Anyway, it was just a tale that was around at that time. A ghost story. "They came from out of the rain". That's how people described them.

Jack: Ianto, you're with me. I need your local knowledge.
Gwen: Oh, is that what you're calling it these days?

Christina: Your eyes are older than your face.
Jack: Is that a bad thing?
Christina: Yes. It means you don't belong. It means you're from nowhere.

(trying to steal Owen's breath)
Ghostmaker: What are you? There's not a breath in your poor, sad body. You're no use to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment