06 March 2013

Quotes from "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship"

The Doctor: I'm riffing. People usually stop me when I'm riffing or carry on without me. That's also an option.

Rory: Doctor... that's my dad.
The Doctor: Well, frankly, that's outrageous.
Rory: What?
The Doctor: You think you can just bring your dad along without asking? I'm not a taxi service, you know.
Rory: You materialized around us.
The Doctor: Oh. Well, that's fine then. My mistake, then.

Brian Williams: I'm not entirely sure what's going on.
Rory: You know when Amy and I first got married and we went travelling.
Brian Williams: To Thailand.
Rory: More the entirety of space and time. In that police box.

Riddell: Not possible.
The Doctor: Run.
Amy: Doctor!
The Doctor: I know. Dinosaurs. On a spaceship!

Riddell: I could take one of them. Short blow up into the throat.
The Doctor: Or not. We just found dinosaurs. In space. We need to preserve them.
Riddell: Who's going to preserve us?

Rory: Dig with what?
Brian Williams: Ah. Well.
Rory: Did you just have that on you?
Brian Williams: Of course. What sort of man doesn't carry a trowel? Put it on your Christmas list.
Rory: Dad, I'm 31, I don't have a Christmas list anymore.
The Doctor: I do!

Brian Williams: Are those pterodactyls?
The Doctor: Yes. On any other occasion, I'd be thrilled. Exposed on a beach, less thrilled. We should be going.
Brian Williams: Where?
The Doctor: Definitely away from them.

Rory: What do we do now? There's no way back out there.
The Doctor: Through the cave, come on. (something large moves ahead) That suggestion was a work in progress.
Brian Williams: We're trapped.
The Doctor: Yes, thanks for spelling it out.
Rory: Doctor, whatever's down there is coming this way.
The Doctor: Spelling it out is hereditary, wonderful.

Queen Nefertiti: Only an idiot denies the evidence of their own eyes.
Riddell: An Egyptian queen or not, I shall put you across my knee and spank you.
Amy: Oh lord.
Queen Nefertiti: Try and I'll snap your neck in a heartbeat.
Riddell: Umm. Well, they certainly bred firecrackers in your time.
Amy: Oh, no no no. Please don't start flirting. I will not have flirting companions.

Rory: I will take you apart cog by cog and melt you down when all this is over.
Robot 1: Oh, I'm so scared! Actually, I might be. A little bit of oil just came out.

The Doctor: Piracy and then genocide.
Solomon: Very emotive words, Doctor.
The Doctor: Oh, I'm a very emotive man.

Queen Nefertiti: You and the Doctor, are you his queen?
Amy: No, no, I'm Rory's queen. Wife. Wife. I am his wife. Please don't tell him I said I was his queen. I'll never hear the end of it.
Queen Nefertiti: And the Doctor, does he have a queen?
Amy: I thought you had a husband.
Queen Nefertiti: The male equivalent of a sleeping potion.
Riddell: You clearly need a man of action and excitement. One with a very large weapon.
Amy: So, human sleeping potion or walking innuendo. Take your pick.

The Doctor: You won't get your precious cargo on board. There'll just be you and your metal tantrum machines.
Robot 1: We do not have tantrums!
Solomon: Shut up.

The Doctor: Parallel pilot compartments, bio-configured. Needs two operators of the same gene chain. That's why Solomon couldn't change the ship's course and neither have we. What?
Brian Williams: We can. Me and Rory. We must be the same gene thingy you just said.
The Doctor: Brian Pond, you are delicious.
Brian Williams: I'm not a Pond.
The Doctor: Of course you are. Sit down, both of you, lickety-split. Ship does all the engineering. The controls are straightforward, even a monkey could use them. Oh, look, they're going to. Guys, come on, comedy gold. Where's a Silurian audience when you need one?

The Doctor: Right. Phase Two sorted. Now for Phase One.
Amy: Oh no no. Phase Two comes after Phase One.
The Doctor: Humans, you are so linear.

Riddell: Doctor. This is a two-man job. (Amy grabs a gun) What are you doing?
Amy: I'm easily worth two men. You can help too if you like.

Riddell: You know what I want more than anything?
Amy: Lessons in gender politics?
Riddell: A dinosaur tooth to take home. Dinosaurs ahead, a lady at my side, about to be blown up. Not sure I've ever been happier.
Amy: Shut up and shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment