27 March 2013

Quotes from "The Angels Take Manhattan"

Sam Garner: New York. The city of a million stories. Half of them are true. The other half... just haven't happened yet. Statues, the man said. Living statues that moved in the dark.

River Song: The Angels are predators. They're deadly. What do you want with them?
Grayle: I'm a collector. What collector could resist these? I'm only human.
River Song: That's exactly what they're thinking.

River Song: Turns out the person I killed never existed in the first place. Apparently there's no record. It's almost as if someone's gone around deleting himself from every database in the universe.
The Doctor: Umm, you said I got too big.
River Song: And now no one's ever heard of you. Didn't you used to be someone?
The Doctor: You might be the woman who killed the Doctor.
River Song: Doctor who?

The Doctor: But how did you get your wrist out without breaking it?
River Song: You asked, I did. Problem?
The Doctor: You just changed the future.
River Song: It's called marriage, honey. Now hush, I'm working.

The Doctor: Why did you lie to me?
River Song: When one's in love with an ageless god who insists on the face of a 12-year-old, one does one's best to hide the damage.

The Doctor: It would be almost impossible.
River Song: Loving the almost.
The Doctor: But to create a paradox like that takes almost unimaginable power. What have we got, eh? Tell me, come on. What?
Amy: (takes Rory's hand) I won't let them take him. That's what we've got.

Rory: I always wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty. I guess she got impatient.

Amy: Rory, stop it, you'll die.
Rory: Yeah, twice. In the same building on the same night. Who else could do that?

The Doctor: What the hell are you doing?!?
Amy: Changing the future. It's called marriage.

River Song: What matters is this. Doctor, don't travel alone.
The Doctor: Travel with me then.
River Song: Whenever and wherever you want. But not all the time. One psychopath per TARDIS, don't you think?

Amy: And do one more thing for me. There's a little girl waiting in a garden. She's going to wait a long while so she's going to need a lot of hope. Go to her. Tell her a story. Tell her that if she's patient, the days are coming that she'll never forget. Tell her she'll go to sea and fight pirates. She'll fall in love with a man who'll wait two thousand years to keep her safe. Tell her she'll give hope to the greatest painter that'll ever live. And save a whale in outer space. Tell her this is the story of Amelia Pond and this is how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment