27 June 2012

Quotes from "The Waters of Mars"

It is time for quotes from the series four special "The Waters of Mars".

Adelaide Brooke: State your name, rank, and intention.
The Doctor: The Doctor, Doctor,... fun?

The Doctor: (to the Martian colonists) I should go. I really should go. I'm sorry. I'm, I'm sorry with all of my hearts, but it's one of those very rare times when I've got no choice. It's been an honor.

Adelaide Brooke: What is that device?
The Doctor: Screwdriver.
Adelaide Brooke: What are you, The Doctor or the janitor?
The Doctor: I don't know. Sounds like me, though: maintenance man of the universe.

The Doctor: This thing's airtight, yeah?
Adelaide Brooke: And therefore watertight.
The Doctor: Depends how clever the water is.

Adelaide Brooke: We're safe. It's hermetically sealed. They can't get in.
The Doctor: Water is patient, Adelaide. Water just waits. It wears down the cliff tops, the mountains, the whole of the world. Water always wins.

Ed Gold: Well, at least I'm good for something.
Adelaide Brooke: Now and again.
Ed Gold: That's almost a compliment. Things must be serious.

The Doctor: This moment, this precise moment in time, it's like... I mean, it's only a theory, what do I know? But I think certain moments in time are fixed. Tiny, precious moments. Everything else is in flux, anything can happen, but those certain moments, they have to stand. This base on Mars, with you, Adelaide Brooke, this is one vital moment. What happens here must always happen.

Adelaide Brooke: It can't be stopped. Don't die with us.
The Doctor: No, 'cause someone told me just recently, they said I was gonna die. They said, "He will knock four times" and I think I know what that means and it doesn't mean right here, right now, 'cause I don't hear anyone knocking, do you? (Andy pounds his head on the window three times) Three knocks is all you're getting!

The Doctor: We're not just fighting the Flood, we're fighting time itself! And I'm gonna win!!!

Adelaide Brooke: You should have left us there.
The Doctor: Adelaide, I've done this sort of thing before. In small ways, saved some little people. But never someone as important as you. Ooh, I'm good.
Adelaide Brooke: Little people? What, like Mia and Yuri? Who decides they're so unimportant? You?
The Doctor: For a long time now, I thought I was just a survivor. No, but I'm not. I'm a winner. That's who I am. The Time Lord Victorious.
Adelaide Brooke: And there's no one to stop you.
The Doctor: No.
Adelaide Brooke: This is wrong, Doctor. I don't care who you are. The Time Lord Victorious is wrong.
The Doctor: That's for me to decide. Now, you'd better get home. Ooh, it's all locked up. You've been away. Still, that's easy. All yours.
Adelaide Brooke: Is there nothing you can't do
The Doctor: Not any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment