20 June 2012

Quotes from "Planet of the Dead"

Today you get some quotes from the first Doctor Who Easter special.

The Doctor: (using a sensor) Oh, we've got excitation! And I'm definitely picking up something strange.
Christina: Yeah, I know the feeling.

The Doctor: Call it a hunch, but I think we've gone a little bit further than Brixton.

Christina: And what's your name?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.
Christina: Name, not rank.
The Doctor: The Doctor.
Christina: Surname?
The Doctor: The Doctor.
Christina: You're called "The Doctor"?
The Doctor: Yes, I am.
Christina: That's not a name, that's a psychological condition.

The Doctor: Far away. Chops and gravy. Watching TV. Mike and Suzanne, and poor old Tina.
Barclay: Hey!
The Doctor: Just think of them. 'Cause that planet out there, all three suns and wormholes and alien sand, that planet is nothing. You hear me? Nothing, compared to all those things waiting for you. Good and home and people. Hold on to that. 'Cause we're gonna get there, I promise. I'm gonna get you home.

Capt. Magambo: It's the Doctor.
Malcolm: Do you mean "The Doctor" Doctor?
Capt. Magambo: I know, we all want to meet him one day, but we all know what that day will bring.

The Doctor: Oh, this is beautiful! Intact, it must've been magnificent! A proper, streamlined, deep-spacer!
Christina: Oh, I'll remember that as I'm being slowly tortured. At least I'm bleeding on the floor of a well-designed spaceship.

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor, by the way, and this is Christina, the honourable Lady Christina, at least I hope she's honourable.

Christina: That Lordship of yours. The lord of where, exactly?
The Doctor: Of Time. I come from a race of people called Time Lords.
Christina: You're an alien?
The Doctor: Yeah. But you don't have to kiss me either.
Christina: You look human.
The Doctor: You look Time Lord.

Christina: Those things are going to turn the entire Earth into a desert. So why exactly are you smiling?
The Doctor: Worse it gets, the more I love it!
Christina: Me, too.

The Doctor: The spaceship's a write-off. but the 200's small enough.
Christina: How does a crystal drive a bus?
The Doctor: In a super-clever, outer-spacey way. Just trust me.

Christina: The aristocracy survives for a reason. We're ready for anything.

The Doctor: Gold!
Christina: Oh, no you don't!
The Doctor: Christina, what is it worth now?
Barclay: Hey! Hey, use this! (holds up watch)
The Doctor: I said gold.
Barclay: It is gold!
The Doctor: Well, they saw you coming.

Christina: But you were right, it's not about the money. I only steal things for the adventure, and today with you, I want more days like this. I want every day to be like this. We're made for each other, you said so yourself. The perfect team. Why not?
The Doctor: People have travelled with me and I've lost them. Lost them all. Never again.

Carmen: Doctor, you take care now.
The Doctor: You too. Chops and gravy, lovely.
Carmen: No, but you be careful, because your song is ending, sir.
The Doctor: What do you mean?
Carmen: It is returning. It is returning through the dark. And then, Doctor... Oh, but then... he will knock four times.

Christina: We could've been so good together.
The Doctor: Christina, we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment