12 December 2011

Series 1 Episode 1: Rose

Now that I have all the episodes of the first four series on DVD, I want to start with reviews of these episodes and I'll start with the episode "Rose".

Summary:
Rose Tyler is a normal girl with a normal job until one day she sees how mannequins become alive and want to kill her. This mysterious man who calls himself the Doctor saves her life and blows the shop up in which she has worked. She meets him again and he tells her that he is an alien who wants to save earth because the Nesteen Consciousness wants to use the planet as food. Together they find the hiding of the alien but will they be able to talk it out of destroying the earth or do they have to destroy it?

Rose was my first ever episode of Doctor Who and I soon got addicted to it. I wasn't born or too young when the episodes with the former Doctors aired and it is always this thing with series being broadcast on German TV. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I still like Christopher Eccleston's Doctor because he has this brilliant smile and he behaves a bit like a child but on the other side he can be very serious as well. Rose was a great choice for a companion because the Doctor gives her a chance to have the time of her life and she takes it without further thinking about it. The character of Jackie is great too but I didn't like Mickey very much in this first episode. I think the character gets better in later episodes.
"Rose" was a brilliant episode to relaunch Doctor Who and bring it back onto our TV screens.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's a bit confusing for someone who doesn't know Doctor Who, but that's not your target group, anyway, right? ;-)
    Sounds interesting nevertheless.

    By the way, I really think you should have a Google+ account, since you're already on Blogger and both can be combined now. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's true but I'm rewatching the episodes at the moment so some other things will creep in.
    God no. I'm already spending too much time online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, I'm sure someday you'll have a G+ account simply because you have a Blogger account. :-P
    Now, why am I not notified when you reply?

    ReplyDelete