24 September 2012

Series 7 Episode 5: The Power of Three

Summary:
One day small black cubes land everywhere on earth and even the Doctor doesn't know why they are here. He stays with the Pond's for a while but he's just too restless to monitor the cubes for a longer time. So he leaves Amy, Rory and Brian, Rory's Dad, in charge of monitoring the cubes. UNIT also shows an interest in them and contacts the Doctor. For a couple of months nothing happens and the people get used to these cubes and take them into their homes. Suddenly all the cubes show some signs of activity but they all behave differently and still the Doctor doesn't know what happens. Then there is a count down and when some of the cubes open, people suffer from cardiac arrest. The Doctor's left heart stops as well but soon he finds a portal and he Amy and Rory are on board of a ship in orbit. The cubes shall destroy humanity but will they manage to do so?

Maybe I have to watch this episode again but right now I don't think it's as good as the other ones before, which doesn't mean that it hasn't got an interesting story. The slow invasion is a great idea and I liked to see some of the daily Pond life. It showed again how the Doctor and the Pond's are connected and how they kind of depend on each other. There were many funny moments and I liked how the Doctor played tennis or made some other normal stuff, which looks so crazy when he does it. I can't put my finger on it but somehow I missed something in this episode. I really don't know what but the other episodes before were a bit better in my opinion. Nonetheless, "The Power of Three" is another good episode of series 7 and I hope the next one will be a smasher with the Pond's leaving and the Weeping Angels.
You can watch the episode online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment