03 September 2012

Series 7 Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks

Summary:
The Doctor is called to Skaro but it's a trap and he's taken prisoner by the Daleks. The same thing happens to Amy and Rory and soon all three are together on a spaceship. They are facing the council of the Daleks who send them down into the Asylum, which is like a prison for all the mad Daleks. Down there they find Oswin, who helps them to avoid the Daleks who want to kill them but why does Oswin do this? She crashed on the planet a year ago and the Doctor wonders why she is still human and not a Dalek puppet. While they try to drop the force field so the planet can be destroyed, Amy slowly turns into a Dalek as well. Is the Doctor still able to save everyone or will he perish with the Asylum?

The first episode of series 7 and it was amazing. I didn't expect it to be that good and I surely didn't expect to see Jenna-Lousie Coleman in it who will become the new companion of the Doctor later in the series. I wonder how they will resolve this problem with her being a Dalek who has been destroyed now. Maybe it's her past version who will be travelling with the Doctor. Oh, I don't know and I don't want to speculate about it right now. I thought it was so sad to see Amy and Rory sign the divorce in the first couple of minutes of the episode but you  already knew of their problem when you've watched "Pond Life". Well, I'm happy they are back together. It's kind of cool that the Daleks have forgotten the Doctor now, I definitely wouldn't have expected that. I'm still a bit flashed from the first episode and I'm so looking forward to the next one.
You can watch the episode online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment