05 September 2012

Quotes from "The Hungry Earth"

The Doctor: Oh, look, a big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See? Way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing.

The Doctor: "Restricted access. No unauthorised personnel." Hmmm. (opens the gate with the sonic screwdriver)
Amy: That is breaking and entering!
The Doctor: What did I break? Sonic-ing and entering; totally different.

The Doctor: What are those?
Ambrose: Like you say, every little helps.
The Doctor: No, no weapons. It's not the way I do things.
Ambrose: Well, you said we're supposed to be defending ourselves.
The Doctor: Oh, Ambrose, you're better than this. I'm asking nicely. Put them away.

The Doctor: Lovely place to grow up, round here.
Elliot: I suppose. I'm going to live in the city one day. Soon as I'm old enough, I'll be off.
The Doctor: It was the same where I grew up.
Elliot: Did you get away?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Elliot: Do you ever miss it?
The Doctor: So much.

Elliot: Have you met monsters before?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Elliot: Are you scared of them?
The Doctor: No. They're scared of me.

Ambrose: (trying to open a church door) I can't open it. It keeps sticking, the wood's warped.
The Doctor: Any time you want to help!
Rory: Can't you sonic it?
The Doctor: It doesn't do wood.
Rory: It doesn't do wood? That is rubbish!
The Doctor: Oi, don't diss the sonic!

Alaya: You had to come and see me.
Rory: We are going to keep you safe.
Ambrose: Your tribe are going to give us back our people, in exchange for you.
Alaya: No. Shall I tell you what's really going to happen, apes? One of you will kill me. My death shall ignite a war, and every stinking ape shall be wiped from the surface of my beloved planet.
Tony Mack: We won't allow that to happen.
Alaya: I know apes better than you know yourselves. I know which one of you will kill me. Do you?

Nasreen Chaudhry: This is like every day to you.
The Doctor: Not every day. Every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment