15 August 2012

Quotes from "Flesh and Stone"

It's time for the quotes from the second part of the Weeping Angel two-parter in series 5.

Amy: Okay, so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?
The Doctor: I've thought about that.
Amy: And?
The Doctor: And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I thought about it.

Angel Bob: Hello, Doctor? Angel Bob here, sir.
The Doctor: Ah, there you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry, bad subject.

The Doctor: It's nice in here. Consoles, comfy chairs, a forest. How's things with you?
Angel Bob: The Angels are feasting, sir. Soon we'll be able to absorb enough power to consume this vessel. This world and all the stars, and worlds beyond.
The Doctor: Well, we've got comfy chairs, did I mention?
Angel Bob: We have no need of comfy chairs.
The Doctor: I made him say "comfy chairs."

Amy: So what's wrong with me?
River Song: Nothing, you're fine.
The Doctor: Everything, you're dying.
River Song: Doctor!
The Doctor: Yes, you're right. If we lie to her, she'll get all better!

Octavian: Doctor, we're too exposed here. We have to move on.
The Doctor: We're too exposed everywhere, and Amy can't move. And anyway, that's not the plan.
River Song: There's a plan?
The Doctor: I don't know yet, I haven't finished talking. Right, Father, you and your clerics are going to stay here and look after Amy. If anything happens to her, I'm hold every single one of you personally responsible, twice. River, you and me, we're going to go find the primary flight deck, which is... a quarter of a mile straight ahead. And from there we're going to stabilize the wreckage, stop the Angels and cure Amy.
River Song: How?
The Doctor: I'll do a thing.
River Song: What thing?
The Doctor: I don't know, it's a thing in progress. Respect the thing.

The Doctor: I'll be back for you as soon as I can.
Amy: You always say that.
The Doctor: I always come back.

The Doctor: Amy, you need to start trusting me. It's never been more important.
Amy: But you don't always tell me the truth.
The Doctor: If I always told you the truth, I wouldn't need you to trust me.

Octavian: We have to move, or the Angels could be here any second!
The Doctor: Never mind the Angels, there're worse things than Angels.
(an Angel grabs Octavian)
Octavian: I beg to differ, sir.

The Doctor: River Song, I could bloody kiss you!
River Song: Oh well, maybe when you're older.

(to the Doctor)
River Song: You, me, handcuffs... must it always end this way?

River Song: You'll see me again quite soon. When the Pandorica opens.
The Doctor: The Pandorica? Ha. That's a fairytale.
River Song: Haha, Doctor, aren't we all? I'll see you there.
The Doctor: I'll look forward to it.
River Song: I remember it well.

The Doctor: Can I trust you, River Song?
River Song: If you like. But where's the fun in that?

The Doctor: Amy, listen to me. I am 907 years old. Do you know what that means?
Amy: It's been a while?
The Doctor: Ye... no, no, no! I'm nine hundred and seven, and look at me. I don't get older, I just change. You get older, I don't, and this can't ever work!
Amy: Oh, you are sweet, Doctor. But I wasn't really suggesting anything quite so... long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment