11 July 2012

Quotes from "The End of Time (2)"

Now I have quotes from the second part of "The End of Time" for you, which marks the last episode with David Tennant as the Doctor.

The Partisan: This is only the furthest edge of the Time War. But at its heart, millions die every second, lost in bloodlust and insanity, with time itself resurrecting them, to find new ways of dying over and over again. A travesty of life. Isn't it better to end it at last?
Lord President: Thank you for your opinion (disintegrates her) I will not die!

The Master: Tell me, where's your TARDIS?
The Doctor: You could be so wonderful.
The Master: Where is it?
The Doctor: You're a genius. You're stone-cold brilliant, you are. I swear, you really are. But you could be so much more. You could be beautiful. With a mind like that, we could travel the stars. It would be my honor. 'Cause you don't need to own the universe, just see it. To have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space... that's ownership enough.
The Master: Will it stop then? The noise in my head?
The Doctor: I can help.
The Master: Don't know what I'd be without that noise.
The Doctor: I wonder what I'd be, without you.
The Master: Yeah.

The Doctor: The Gate wasn't enough. You're still dying.
The Master: This body was born out of death. All it can do is die.

Wilfred: God bless the cactuses!
The Doctor: That's cacti.
Rossiter: That's racist!

(The Doctor is strapped down to an armature with wheels)
The Doctor: Not the stairs! Not the staaaaaaiiirrrrsss!!! (Bam) Oh! (Bam) Ahhh! (Bam, Bam) Ehhh! (Bam) Worst rescue EVER!!!

Wilfred Mott: I think I'm lost.
The Woman: And yet, you are found.

Wilfred Mott: Eh, you don't wanna listen to an old man's tales, do you?
The Doctor: I'm older than you.
Wilfred Mott: Get away.
The Doctor: I'm 906.
Wilfred Mott: Oh, really though?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Wilfred Mott: Nine hundred years. We must look like insects to you.
The Doctor: I think you look like giants.

The Doctor: I'd be proud.
Wilfred Mott: Of what?
The Doctor: If you were my dad.

The Doctor: It's not like I'm an innocent. I've taken lives. I got worse, I got clever. Manipulated people into taking their own. Sometimes I think the Time Lord lives too long.

Wilfred Mott: But you said your people were dead, past tense.
The Doctor: Inside the Time War, and the whole war was time-locked. Like sealed inside a bubble. It's... it's not a bubble, but just think of a bubble. Nothing can get in or get out of the time bubble. But you see, nothing can get in or get out except something that was already there.
Wilfred Mott: The signal. Since he was a kid.
The Doctor: If they can follow the signal, they can escape before they die.
Wilfred Mott: Well, then, big reunion! We'll have a party!
The Doctor: There will be no party.
Wilfred Mott: But I've heard you talk about your people like they're wonderful.
The Doctor: That's how I choose to remember them, the Time Lords of old, but then they went to war. An endless war, and it changed them right to the core. You've seen my enemies, Wilf. The Time Lords are more dangerous than any of them.

Addams: This is my ship, and you're not moving it. Step away from the wheel!
The Doctor: There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need.
Addams: What's that, then?
The Doctor: Allons-y!!

The Master: But, this is fantastic isn't it? The Time Lords restored!
The Doctor: You weren't there, in the final days of the war. You never saw what was born. That if the time lock's broken, then everything is coming through. Not just the Daleks but the Skaro Degradations. The Horde of Travesties. The Nightmare Child. The Could-Have-Been King with his army of Mean-Whiles and Never-Weres. The war turned into Hell. And that's what you opened right above the Earth. Hell is descending.
The Master: My kind of world.

Lord President: We will initiate the final sanction; the end of time will come... at my hand. The rupture will continue until it rips the time vortex apart!
The Master: That's suicide.
Lord President: We will ascend, to become creatures of consciousness alone. Free of these bodies, free of time, and cause and effect, while creation itself ceases to be.
The Doctor: You see now? That's what they were planning, in the final days of the war... I had to stop them.

Mickey Smith: I told you to stay behind!
Martha Smith-Jones: Well, it looked like you needed help. Besides, you're the one who persuaded me to go freelance.
Mickey Smith: Yeah, but, we're being fired at by a Sontaran. A dumpling with a gun. This is no place for a married woman.
Martha Smith-Jones: Well then, you shouldn't have married me.

Captain Jack Harkness: So, Alonso, going my way?
Midshipman Frame: How do you know my name?
Captain Jack Harkness: I'm kinda psychic.
Midshipman Frame: Really? Know what I'm thinking right now?
Captain Jack Harkness: Oh yeah.

Nerys: You made me wear peach.
Donna Noble: That's 'cause you are a peach! Furry skin, stones inside, going off...

Ood Sigma: This song is ending, but the story never ends.

(The Doctor has just regenerated for the tenth time)
The Eleventh Doctor: (first words) Legs! I’ve still got legs! Good. Arms, hands, ooh, fingers! Lots of fingers! Ears, yes, eyes, two, nose, I’ve had worse, chin...blimey! Hair... I'm a girl! No! No, I'm not a girl. And, and still not ginger! And something else, something important, I'm ...I'm ...I'm... ha! Crashing! Ha-ha-ha! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Geronimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment