18 July 2012

Quotes from "The Eleventh Hour"

Today I have some quotes from the first episode of series five for you with a brand new Doctor.

The Doctor: Look at that.
Amelia: Are you okay?
The Doctor: Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up.
Amelia: You're soaking wet.
The Doctor: I was in the swimming pool.
Amelia: You said you were in the library.
The Doctor: So was the swimming pool.

Amelia: Who are you?
The Doctor: I don't know yet. I'm still cooking.

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you. Don't ask stupid questions. And don't wander off.

The Doctor: Ah, you see. Beans. (tries them) Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans.

The Doctor: What's your name?
Amelia: Amelia Pond.
The Doctor: Oh, that's a brilliant name. Amelia Pond. Like a name in a fairy tale. Are we in Scotland, Amelia?
Amelia: No. I had to move to England. It's rubbish.

The Doctor: You know when grown-ups tell you everything's going to be fine and you think they're probably lying to make you feel better?
Amelia: Yes.
The Doctor: Everything's going to be fine.

The Doctor: Why does no-one ever listen to me? Do I just have a face that nobody listens to... again?

Amy: Will that door hold it?
The Doctor: Oh, yeah, yeah. Of course. It's an interdimensional multi-form from outer space. They're all terrified of wood.

The Doctor: You're Amelia!
Amy: You're late.
The Doctor: Amelia Pond, you're the little girl!
Amy: I'm Amelia, and you're late.
The Doctor: What happened?
Amy: Twelve years.
The Doctor: You hit me with a cricket bat.
Amy: Twelve years!
The Doctor: A cricket bat!
Amy: Twelve years and four psychiatrists.
The Doctor: Four?
Amy: I kept biting them.
The Doctor: Why?
Amy: They said you weren't real.

The Doctor: And what sort of job's a kiss-o-gram?
Amy: I go to parties and I kiss people. With outfits. It's a laugh!
The Doctor: You were a little girl five minutes ago.
Amy: You're worse than my aunt!
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I'm worse than everybody's aunt.

The Doctor: And the final score is no TARDIS, no screwdriver, two minutes to spare. Who da man?!? (everyone stares) Oh, I'm never saying that again.

Amy: Where are you going?
The Doctor: The roof. No, hang on.
Amy: What's in here?
The Doctor: I'm saving the world. I need a decent shirt. To hell with the raggedy. Time to put on a show.

The Doctor: The Doctor will see you now!
Atraxi: You are not of this world.
The Doctor: No but I've put a lot of work into it.

Atraxi: Is this world important?
The Doctor: Important? What that's mean, important? Six billion people live here, is that important? Here's a better question: is this world a threat to the Atraxi? Oh come on, you're monitoring the whole planet! Is this world a threat?
Atraxi: No.
The Doctor: Are the people of this world guilty of any crime by the laws of the Atraxi?
Atraxi: No.
The Doctor: Okay. One more, just one: is this world protected? 'Cause you're not the first one to attack it. Oh, they've been so many. And what you've got to ask is, what happened to them? (the Atraxi review their files of the Doctor's past) Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run.

Amy: You came back.
The Doctor: Of course I came back. I always come back. There's nothing wrong with that.
Amy: But you kept the clothes.
The Doctor: Well, I just saved the world. The whole planet, for about the millionth time. No charge. Yeah, shoot me. I kept the clothes.
Amy: Including the bow tie.
The Doctor: Yeah, it's cool. Bow ties are cool.

The Doctor: Amy Pond. The girl who waited. You waited long enough.
Amy: When I was a kid, you said there was a swimming pool. And a library, and the swimming pool was in the library.
The Doctor: Yeah, not sure where it's got to now. It'll turn up. So, coming?
Amy: No.
The Doctor: You wanted to come 14 years ago.
Amy: I grew up.
The Doctor: Don't worry. I'll soon fix that.

The Doctor: So, you okay, then? 'Cause this place, sometimes it can make people feel a bit, you know.
Amy: I'm fine. Fine. It's just... there's a whole world in here, just like you said. It's all true. I thought, well, I was starting to think that maybe you were just, like, a madman with a box.
The Doctor: Amy Pond, there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and, one day, your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment