07 March 2012

Quotes from "Voyage of the Damned"

It's Wednesday again and today you get quotes from the Christmas Special "Voyage of the Damned".

The Doctor: Titanic. Who thought of the name?
Host: Information: it was chosen as the most famous vessel of the planet Earth.
The Doctor: Did they tell you why it was famous?

Astrid: I used to watch the ships heading out to the stars and always dreamt of… it sounds daft.
The Doctor: You dreamt of another sky. New sun, new air, new life. A whole universe teeming with life. Why stand still when there’s all that life out there?
Astrid: So…you travel a lot?
The Doctor: All the time, just for fun. Well, that’s the plan. Never quite works.
Astrid: Must be rich though.
The Doctor: Haven’t got a penny. (pause) Stowaway.
Astrid: You’re kidding!
The Doctor: Seriously.
Astrid: No!
The Doctor: Oh, yes.
Astrid: How’d you get on board?
The Doctor: Accident. I’ve got this sort of… ship thing. I was rebuilding her, left the defences down, bumped into the Titanic. Here I am. Bit of a party, I thought, why not.
Astrid: I should report you.
The Doctor: Go on then.
Astrid: I’ll get you a drink. On the house.

Foon: Have a buffalo wing. They must be enormous, these buffalo...so many wings!

Mr Copper: I shall be taking you to Old London town in the country of UK, ruled over by Good King Wenceslas. Now human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner...like savages.

Slade: Hang on a minute. Who put you in charge? And who in the hell are you anyway?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Slade: No.
The Doctor: In that case... Allons-y!

The Doctor: First things first. One, we are going to climb through this ship. B... no, two, we are going to reach the bridge. Three, or C, we are going to save the Titanic. And coming in a very low four, or D, or that little IV in brackets they use in footnotes. Why?

The Doctor: Take me to your leader...I've always wanted to say that!

Max Capricorn: They'd stabbed me in the back.
The Doctor: If you had a back.

Max Capricorn: (to the Doctor) A shame we couldn’t work together. You’re rather good. All that banter yet not a word wasted. Time for me to retire. The Titanic is falling, the sky will burn. Let the Christmas inferno commence!

Mr. Copper: (to the Doctor, about Rickston) Of all the people to survive, he is not the one you would have chosen, is he? But if you could choose, Doctor, if you could decide who lives and who dies, that would make you a monster.

Mr Copper: So Great Britain is part of Europe. Just across the greatest channel you've got Great France and Great Germany?
The Doctor: No, no, it's just, it's just France and Germany...Only Britain is great.
Mr Copper: And they are all in war with the continent of America?
The Doctor: No. Well, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment