15 January 2014

Quotes from "The Blood Line"

Gwen: When I was about 5 or 6, my dad came home from work early. And I knew there was something wrong, I could hear voices from the kitchen. So I looked through the door and I could see him crying. Turned out money'd gone missing from work and he got the blame. So I went to get all my pocket money and I put it in his hand. Must have been about two pound fifty. He looked at me and said it wasn't about the money. He said "I can't stand anyone thinking I'm not an honest man," and I've always remembered that. Always. Because that was the first time in my life anybody had spoken to me like an adult. And then we went to the back garden and we played until dark. So that's my dad. Geraint Wynn Cooper, the nicest man in the world. And today's the day that I kill him.

Oswald: Who are you?
Jack: Captain Jack Harkness.
Oswald: No. I spent a long time in prison. And I know the smile of a man who's done terrible things. And your friends. I've been watching them. Sometimes they like you, sometimes they love you... and sometimes once or twice, fluttering away in those tiny little gaps, they fear you.
Jack: I'm from the future.
Oswald: Well, now.
Jack: I come from the future.
Oswald: Then you must know. Do we make it through this day?
Jack: The future can change. It's being written right now. One thing I do know. I've seen the stars. I have seen the universe. I have seen the human race become vast and magnificent and endless. And I wish you could see it, Oswald. I wish you could see that, too. Because then you'd know how small you've made your life.

Gwen: It's me. Still alive.
Rhys: You'd better be or there'll be trouble. Anwen says hello.
Gwen: No she doesn't. She's tiny, she hasn't a clue.
Rhys: It's okay.
Gwen: Sorry.

Mother Colasanto: It is said that it reflects your own self back at you. What can you see?
Gwen: Enough guilt to last me a lifetime. But that's okay, I'm a working mother, I don't need the Blessing to tell me that.

Gwen: But you ruined the world out there.
Mother Colasanto: The Miracle shocked the economy, the economy collapsed. We tear down in order to rebuild. Now it's almost within sight. A new world.
Gwen: Yeah, with no room for the poor or the weak or the ones who don't fit in.
Mother Colasanto: It's the way the world works now, we're just making it official.

Mother Colasanto: You'll both die, gentlemen. You'll both kill yourselves. You'll die in a pit in Shanghai. Is that what you want?
Jack: I think I've lived long enough.

Gwen: But Rex, we've got to do this. And I'm gonna to tell you why. Because I'm standing here and I'm staring at Oswald Danes. And he chose when that girl lived and he chose when that girl died. And no one should have that power. Not the rich, not the mad, not anyone.
Oswald: You're choosing now.
Gwen: Yeah, you watch me.
Oswald: You'll kill Jack and Rex and that girl Esther--all of your Torchwood team. You'll kill them all.
Gwen: Yeah. Yeah.
Oswald: You are magnificent!

Gwen: And that's what I did. In a pit in old Shanghai I brought death back to the world. They said it was like a breath, a breath that went around the whole wide world. The last breath. And then no more. We said goodbye to them then--the dads and the moms, the sick and the old, the friends and the neighbors... and the people we once met. And the people whose names we never knew. We said goodbye to them all on the day that death came back.

Oswald: Oh, soon I'll see her!
Mother Colasanto: You won't see anybody, Danes, you're going to Hell, Danes!
Oswald: That's where they go. All the bad little girls, they run straight to Hell. And I'm following!

Jack: Lucky she got a full service. There's ten funerals every hour these days. Catching up with the backlog.
Rhys: Well, that'll make us all feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment