12 December 2012

Quotes from "The Almost People"

The Doctor/Ganger: Rory and Amy, they may not trust both of us.
The Doctor: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
The Doctor/Ganger: Inevitably.
The Doctor: See, I'm glad we're on the same...
The Doctor/Ganger: Wavelength. You see, great minds...
The Doctor: Exactly. So, what's the plan?
The Doctor/Ganger: Save them all, humans and Gangers.
The Doctor: Tell you what, that sounds wonderful.
The Doctor/Ganger: Is that what you were thinking?
The Doctor: Yes. It's just so inspiring to hear me say it.

The Doctor and Doctor/Ganger: Hello. Sorry.
The Doctor/Ganger: But we had to establish...
The Doctor: ...a few ground rules. For later. Protocol.
The Doctor/Ganger: Protocol? Very posh.
The Doctor: Protocol between us. Otherwise...
The Doctor/Ganger: ...it gets horribly embarrassing.
The Doctor: Potentially confusing.
Amy: Well, I'm glad you solved the problem of confusing.
The Doctor/Ganger: That's not helpful.
The Doctor: She's very good at sarcasm.

The Doctor: Yowsa! An escape tunnel. You know, I'm starting to get a sense of how impressive it is to hang out with me.
The Doctor/Ganger: Do we tend to say "Yowsa"?
The Doctor: That's enough, let it go. Okay? We're under stress.

Cleaves: Can you really get the power back?
The Doctor/Ganger: Oh, there's always some power floating around.
The Doctor: Sticking to the wires like bits of lint.
Amy: Would you stop finishing each other's...
The Doctor: Sentences.
The Doctor/Ganger: No promises.

Amy: Come on, okay, how can--how can you both be real?
The Doctor/Ganger: Well, because... we are. I'm the Doctor.
The Doctor: Yeah, and so am I. We both contain the knowledge of over 900 years of memory. And it's apparent we both wear the same bow-tie, which is cool.
The Doctor/Ganger: Because bow-ties are...
The Doctor: ...and always will be.

Amy: Hang on.
Cleaves: You can't let him go. Are you crazy?
The Doctor/Ganger: Am I crazy, Doctor?
The Doctor: Well, you did once plug your brain into the core of an entire planet just to hold its orbit and win a bet.

Dicken/Ganger: You don't look good.
Cleaves/Ganger: Monsters never do.

The Doctor: This place is going to blow sky-high.
Cleaves: Exactly how long have we got?
The Doctor: An hour. Five seconds. Uh, somewhere in-between.

The Doctor: This is going to overheat and fill the room with acid. Just as a point of interest.
Cleaves: And we can't stop it?
The Doctor: Just as a point of interest... no.

Jimmy: It'll never hold up.
The Doctor: If you have a better plan, I'm all ears. In fact, if you have a better plan, I'll take you to a planet where everyone is all ears.

The Doctor/Ganger: Ha! Hello. Adam, I'm the Doctor. Well, I'm the Doctor, or Smith. It's complicated and boring. Anyway, who cares? It is your birthday.
Adam: Yay!
The Doctor/Ganger: Yay! Now, have you been getting up very early and jumping on the bed?
Adam: Yes, really high.
The Doctor/Ganger: I expect chocolate for breakfast. If you don't feel sick by mid-morning, you're not doing it right.

Jennifer/Ganger: You tricked him into an act of weakness, Doctor.
The Doctor/Ganger: No, I've helped him into an act of humanity. Anyone else like the sound of that, act of humanity?

Amy: I never thought it possible.
The Doctor/Ganger: What?
Amy: You're twice the man I thought you were.

The Doctor: Dicken, remember, people are good. In their bones, truly good. Don't hate them, will you?
Dicken/Ganger: How can I hate them? I'm one of them now.

The Doctor: I needed to see the Flesh in its early days. That's why I scanned it, that's why we were there in the first place. I was going to drop you off for fish and chips first, but things happen and stuff, and... shenanigans. It's a beautiful word, "shenanigans."

No comments:

Post a Comment