28 November 2011

Quotes from "Smith and Jones"

Today I start with quotes from the first episode of series 3 "Smith and Jones" where we meet Martha Jones, the new companion of the Doctor.

Mr. Stoker: There's a thunderstorm moving in, and lightning is a form of static electricity, as was first proven by...anyone?
The Doctor: Benjamin Franklin.
Mr. Stoker: (surpised) Correct.
The Doctor: My mate Ben, that was a day and a half. I got rope burns off that kite. And then I got soaked--
Mr. Stoker: Quite.
The Doctor: --and then I got electrocuted.
Mr. Stoker: Moving on. (to one of the medical students) I think perhaps a visit from Psychiatric.

Martha: We're on the moon. We're on the bloody moon!

The Doctor: We might die.
Martha: We might not.
The Doctor: Good.

The Doctor: It's not "Smith." That's not my real name.
Martha: Who are you then?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.
Martha: Me too if I ever pass my exams. What is it then, Dr. Smith?
Doctor: Just "the Doctor."
Martha: How do you mean, "just 'the Doctor?'"
The Doctor: Just "the Doctor."
Martha: What, people call you "the Doctor?"
The Doctor: Yeah.
Martha: Well, I'm not. As far as I'm concerned you've got to earn that title.
The Doctor: All right, better get started then.

(The Doctor notices the hospital shop while he and Martha are observing the Judoon)
The Doctor: Oh, you have a shop! I like a little shop.

Martha: Haven’t you got back-up? You must have a partner or something,
The Doctor: Humans. We’re stuck on the Moon running out of air with Judoon and a blood-sucking criminal and you’re asking personal questions!

Martha: Your spaceship's made of wood.

The Doctor: Welcome aboard, Miss Jones!
Martha: (laughs) It's my pleasure, Mr. Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment