11 March 2015

Quotes from "Flatline" (Part 2)

The Doctor: Congratulations, lying is a vital survival skill.
Clara: Well, there you go.
The Doctor: And a terrible habit.

The Doctor: So what's next, Doctor Clara?
Clara: Lie to them.
The Doctor: What?
Clara: Lie to them. Give them hope. Tell them they're all going to be fine. Isn't that what you would do?
The Doctor: In a manner of speaking. It's--it's true that people with hope tend to run faster, whereas people who think they're doomed...
Clara: Dawdle. End up dead.
The Doctor: So that's what I sound like.

Clara: Rule number one of being the Doctor: use your enemy's power against them.

The Doctor: I tried to talk, I want you to remember that. I tried to reach out, I tried to understand you. But I think that you understand us perfectly. And I think that you just don't care. And I don't know whether you are here to invade, infiltrate, or just replace us. I don't suppose it really matters now. You are monsters. That is the role you seem determined to play, so it seems that I must play mine. The man who stops the monsters. I'm sending you back to your own dimension. Who knows? Some of you may even survive the trip. And if you do, remember this. You are not welcome here. This plane is protected. I am the Doctor, and I name you the Boneless!

The Doctor: Ah, the return of the fluorescent pudding brain.
Clara: Do you realize he can hear you now?
The Doctor: I know.

Clara: Come on, why can't you say it? I was the Doctor and I was good.
The Doctor: You were an exceptional Doctor, Clara.
Clara: Thank you.
The Doctor: Goodness had nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment