27 February 2013

Quotes from "Asylum of the Daleks"

Darla: First there were the Daleks. And then there was a man who fought them. And then in time, he died. There are a few, of course, who believe this man somehow survived. And that one day, he will return. For both our sakes, dearest Hannah, we must hope these stories are true.

Darla: They say you can help.
The Doctor: Do they? I wish they'd stop.

Rory: So how much trouble are we in?
The Doctor: How much trouble, Mr. Pond? Out of ten... eleven.

Amy: Where are we? Spaceship, right?
The Doctor: Not just any spaceship. The Parliament of the Daleks. Be brave.
Amy: What do we do?
The Doctor: Make them remember you.

The Doctor: It's never made any sense to me.
Dalek Prime Minister: Why not?
The Doctor: Because you'd just kill them.
Dalek Prime Minister: It is offensive to us to extinguish such divine hatred.
The Doctor: Offensive?
Dalek Prime Minister: Does it surprise you to know that Daleks have a concept of beauty?
The Doctor: I thought you'd run out of ways to make me sick. But hello again. You think hatred is beautiful?
Dalek Prime Minister: Perhaps that is why we have never been able to kill you.

Darla: The gravity beam will convey you close to the source of the transmission. You must find a way to deactivate the force field from there.
The Doctor: You're going to fire me at a planet, that's your plan? I get fired at a planet and expected to fix it.
Rory: In fairness, that is slightly your MO.
The Doctor: Don't be fair to the Daleks when they're firing me at a planet.

The Doctor: What is wrong with my chin?
Oswin: Careful, dear, you'll put someone's eye out.

Oswin: So, anyway, I'm Oswin. What do I call you?
Rory: Uh, I can't remember. Uhh... Rory.
Oswin: Lovely name, Rory. A boy I fancied was called Rory.
Rory: Okay.
Oswin: Actually, she was called Nina. I was going through a phase. Just flirting to keep you cheerful.

Oswin: Okay, you're safe for now. Pop your shirt off, quick as you like.
Rory: Why?
Oswin: Does there have to be a reason?

Oswin: Do you know how you make someone into a Dalek? Subtract love, add anger. Doesn't she seem a bit too angry to you?
Amy: Well, somebody's never been to Scotland.

The Doctor: You know what really gets me about you, Oswin? The soufflés. Where do you get milk for the soufflés? Seriously, is no one else wondering about that?
Rory: No. Frankly, no. Twice.

Oswin: Why do the Daleks call you "The Predator"?
The Doctor: I'm not a predator. Just a man with a plan.
Oswin: You've got a plan?
Rory: We're all ears.
Amy: There's a nose joke going there if someone wants to pick that one off.
The Doctor: In no particular order, we need to neutralize the Daleks in this asylum, rescue Oswin from the wreckage, escape from this planet, and fix Amy and Rory's marriage.
Amy: Okay, I'm counting three lost causes. Anyone else?

The Doctor: As soon as the force field is down, the Daleks will attack. If it gets too explodey-wodey in here, you go without me, okay?
Rory: And leave you to die?
The Doctor: Oh, don't worry about me. You're the one beaming up to a Dalek ship to get exterminated.
Rory: Fair point. Love this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment